Idol Is Having A Dental

We took Idol to Philadelphia this morning for her long, overdue dental. She had a touch up in November, and we were told that she would need to get some teeth pulled next time. With all that was going on with Fuzzy, we sort of put her off. She was due at the beginning of the month, it is now the end.

She is going to have, at least, 4 teeth pulled and is staying overnight. I miss my girlie already. We were surprised when we came home, that the boys didn't even seem to notice that she is not here.

After dropping her off, when we got into the car, Kelly Clarkson was singing. It struck me funny. Two American Idol's were, somehow, in our van today. :colgate

Think good thoughts for our little girl. Oh, and she weighed 59.2 lbs. What a little piglet she has become!

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Best wishes Idol. goodluck.gif Gotta get those icky toofers out & clean up that mouf. brushteeth.gifAnd then colgate.gifstar.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so upset. No one called to let me know how she did with her dental surgery. The doctor was supposed to call after 5 PM. I called the clinic and the call went to message.

We have had Idol for two years now. She came to us one week off of the track. She has never been away from us for one day since. She is not used to being without her boys. She was crying in the van and we had difficulty getting her into the clinic. I literally had to push her in.

I know she must feel alone and I miss her so much.

Edited by Houndtime

:( I can imagine how you feel. :(

Hoping all went well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm sorry......that really does seem unacceptable, especially considering she was not coming home to you tonight. I'm sure you'll have something to say to your vet tomorrow - I know that I would.

Sending good thoughts for Idol and :grouphug for you.

I hope things turn out okay for your girl--in the future I'd avoid NGAP.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I'm sure it must have been an accidental over sight Irene. Chances are she's very sleepy tonight and went right to bed. I do hope you hear an update first thing in the AM. Sweet Idol is in my prayers for a sleep-filled night.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

I am so upset. No one called to let me know how she did with her dental surgery. The doctor was supposed to call after 5 PM. I called the clinic and the call went to message.

We have had Idol for two years now. She came to us one week off of the track. She has never been away from us for one day since. She is not used to being without her boys. She was crying in the van and we had difficulty getting her into the clinic. I literally had to push her in.

I know she must feel alone and I miss her so much.

So sorry to hear this, Irene. That is downright unprofessional.

I should have had more help with Red last week considering his problem and you would have thought they would have called to see how he was doing. Something is not being done right there - for a change. :angry: I'm sure she'll be very happy to see you today.

Hugs,

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest jettcricket

I'm sure she's ok-- Bet they would have called if they did have a problem with her-- maybe no news is good news. Perhaps an emergency can came. Update as soon as you can-- Idol fans want to know!!

Yes, no news is good news although I'm with you 100% on wanting to know how your girlie is. I can certainly understand that you need that reassurance. She'll be so happy to see her Momma.

Is Idol back home & well, I hope?hope.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hoping to hear good news about Idol...........

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm sorry I'm only seeing this thread now. How did it go? :goodluck Hope "the little piglet" is recovering nicely from her dental :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Idol is home. She had 5 teeth removed and one bonded. Her face is puffy on one side.

Mr. Wolf said that he would have kept her another day, if he saw her before Len came down to pick her up, because she is puffy. Since our trip is so long, we opted to bring her home. She has to take antibiotics, deramax and benedryl for the swelling. She looks so sore, but I was sad without her. She is vigorously wagging her tail when you talk to her.

Mr. Wolf and the office manager apologized that no one called us last night with an update on Idol's surgery. Seems that there was a lack of communication. Len told them to update their communication policy and not rely on notes on a chart. Aparently the doctor didn't indicate that we should be called, even though that is what she told us.

They may have many dogs to look after, but we are concerned about ours. Maybe that sounds selfish, but that is how I feel. He suggested that they make a time in the late afternoon for the pet owner to call, rather than rely on the doctor to call. I am actually surprised that Len spoke like this, as he always says I over-react.

Len said that everyone was profoundly sorry. I am just still upset about, but really glad that our little pup is home.

Glad to hear Idol is back home. Give that girl plenty of soft foods and ice cream and kisses!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Glad to hear Idol is back home. Give that girl plenty of soft foods and ice cream and kisses!

Thanks. I took your little guys' coats to the post office this afternoon.