Mittens Is Gone

March 17, 2011

We helped our beautiful Irish Border Collie to the bridge at 8:20 on this St. Patrick's Day morning. She had some chicken breast for dinner last night, which made us so happy. But this morning at the vet, we saw that the tumor had almost completely occluded her trachea and if he did more surgery, she'd have to have a trach and would probably live a week or two at the most. We chose the most humane thing to do. We were hoping that we could give her more time, but her life was turning into misery for her. My DH always used to say about Mittens, that she "never had a bad day--no matter what, she'd find something to do that she loved." But now she was having very bad days and we couldn't let it go on.

I am in shock right now. I guess this is the brain's way of protecting you from totally falling apart. But I know once this wears off, I'm going to realize that our lives will no longer have our beloved Mittens in them. I feel as if I have been gutted--I'm empty inside. When we got home without Mittens, Daisy began shaking and running around looking for her; when I showed her Mitten's collar and lease and put her blankets in the washing machine, I think she understood that her sister was not coming home.

I was wondering if someone could help me put a little halo over MIttens' head on my signature.

I will post in Remembrance when I'm able to. I just can't do it right now. I used to say that Mittens was my best friend, and she really was. I feel lost now, without her.

Lynn

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Fly with your lovely brand new wings, Mittens and help heal your family's broken hearts. Thank you for giving her the gift of compassion.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest dragontearz

Guh..I am so, so sorry..it's hard to make that decision knowing it will end their pain but they won't physically be there with you any longer.

:f_red :f_red :f_red

I'm sorry your lovely, sweet girl had to leave.

Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

God speed little lady. You will be so missed.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm very sorry for your loss. My daughter has a rescued Border Collie and they are a very special breed. Mittens will always be in your heart and will be watching over you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry. Mittens sounds like a very special and lucky girl to have found your family. Mittens is running free now with the rest of the Bridge kids. Hugs to you and yours.

Amy & Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I'm so very sorry :(

Run free Mittens

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Lynn, I am so very sorry. Words don't help much but know we are all grieving with you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Rest in peace, Mittens.

Sending hugs to you - it's never easy.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018