So Glad My Vet Has Opened Her New Practice

Ouch! That hurts just to look at--sooooooo glad she could have the surgery so quickly--don't want to think about what another day would have brought.

Mafi, sweetie, sleep well with your good drugs and feel better soon.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Whew - just got the word that surgery's done and she's awake. Most of her tail had to be removed because of the location of the lesion. :( And we agreed that the tail needs to be sent for biopsy, to be sure we're not dealing with the "O" word. She's seen it in the tail of one greyhound but it didn't present with a draining sore like Mafi did.

I'll be bringing my little galga/Dobie home later this afternoon and update when she's home. I'm so grateful this has been taken care of quickly, but ohhhhhhhhh, that beautiful, skinny, long tail!

Thanks so much for your good thoughts!

ETA:: thanks, Tatum! I actually had to have a tail amp done on one of my first hounds, Robbie, back in 1992. She had constant happy-tail, and with all the blood-baths and the risk of the tail becoming necrotic, it was amputated down to about 6". She loved it! She could wag twice as face -- I called it her wagette. :)

That is hilarious! Wagette! Yes Tatum could wag faster afterwards - unfortunately she has Osteo and we will have to let her go soon. She has been a great pet (our first grey) and she has given us so much love that although we are heartbroken we will rescue again.

Marilee

That is hilarious! Wagette! Yes Tatum could wag faster afterwards - unfortunately she has Osteo and we will have to let her go soon. She has been a great pet (our first grey) and she has given us so much love that although we are heartbroken we will rescue again.

Marilee

Oh, no.. :( I'm so sorry to hear that. Your first GH always touched your heart as no other ever will. I hope you have time to spoil and adore her, and remind her why she will always be your most special girl...

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Mafi is home and doing fine. The surgery went well and she's comfortable tonight after eating a good supper. My vet and her tech remarked on how depressed she was this morning, and how improved she was after she woke up.I also hear tell that she was flirting with a handsome greyhound boy in the cage next to hers! Leave it to Mafi... She probably got his cell # and will be texting him behind my back.

It looks as if she's got around 8" of tail left - hard to tell with the toilet paper roll wrapped around it. ;)

mafitail2007-1.jpg

mafitail2005-1.jpg

She's much more comfortable, and I don't think she needs pain meds right now. Just having that awful tail off must feel great.

Thanks again for your support. Now, it's just waiting for biopsy results next week.

Glad she is home, and hope the biopsy shows nothing much.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:wub: Mafi! :wub: Looks like she's wearing those jammies with the magical powers. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest sorenkkg

Fingers crossed for next week!

Your vet takes "reduce, reuse, recycle" kinda serious huh? Reduced the dog's tail, and reuse/recycled the toilet paper roll! :lol::lol

Glad she's home and happy. Hope the biopsy is negative.

ETA: She sure is cute. :wub:

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Your vet takes "reduce, reuse, recycle" kinda serious huh? Reduced the dog's tail, and reuse/recycled the toilet paper roll! :lol::lol

:lol :lol The funniest part of the TP roll is that my vet's new practice is paper-free. It's all electronic records, digital xray, wi-fi, and lots of medical technology. So the TP role creally cracked me up! But it's doing the job, it's light and unobtrusive and it's kinda cute!

Ducky, indeed the magic PJs are surrounding her with love and healing. She was so happy when she saw me coming to put them on. :) Her guardian angel Nina is keeping Mafi warm and safe. :angelwings

Prayers for uneventful healing. Beautiful Mafi just be feeling so much better without that yucky tail! Oh, that had to hurt! I'm sure extra scritches, belly rubs and treats will speed the healing, too! Will be chanting "B9" until you receive the results of the biopsy.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hoping to hear some news about Mafi..........

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Poor Mafi, how is she Jordan? Give her big kisses and hugs from me!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Oops! Sorry 'bout that. The Galga Queen is doing fine. The TP tube is gone, and I'm just putting a bandage over what's left of her tail. She's not wagging, but because of her long, skinny, sweeping tail, her wags have been slow and long -- more like a swipe. Hopefully she'll figure out a new wag style. She's already maul...er, hugged me several times. She's been good about letting me handle her tail-ette to rebandage it. The wound looks good. The biopsy report should be in later this week.

maficloseup001-1-1.jpg

maficloseup005-1.jpg

Continued Best Wishes!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oops! Sorry 'bout that. The Galga Queen is doing fine. The TP tube is gone, and I'm just putting a bandage over what's left of her tail. She's not wagging, but because of her long, skinny, sweeping tail, her wags have been slow and long -- more like a swipe. Hopefully she'll figure out a new wag style. She's already maul...er, hugged me several times. She's been good about letting me handle her tail-ette to rebandage it. The wound looks good. The biopsy report should be in later this week.

maficloseup001-1-1.jpg

maficloseup005-1.jpg

:wub::wub::wub: Glad to hear that she is in in good spirits and still hugging(mauling)you!!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten