Stampede Has Lymphoma

Sorry to read the news about your beloved Stampede but, please don't give up all hope. Many times lymphoma can be pushed into remission. There are many different treatment protocols recommended, however, I urge you to contact Dr Couto (Greyhound Health and Wellness Program) at Ohio State University to see which chemo protocol he would recommend to be used on a greyhound. They is no one else I would trust more than Dr Couto.

Guest K9Cookies

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug We had an extra year after Bonnie's lymphoma diagnosis doing chemo with the help of Dr. Couto. Please have your vet email him to discuss the options available. Chemo medications are provided to you at no cost through the OSU Health & Wellness program. Dr. Couto's email is couto.1 @osu.edu

Don't hesitate to PM me anytime. I saved all of the information and chemo protocols of Bonnie's.

A book I ordered right away at a GTer's recommendation was "Help your dog fight cancer", by Laurie Kaplan. Definitely a very good read...her dog also had lymphoma.

We're here for you.

I am so, so sorry. Sending you and Stampede many, many hugs. I do believe that you could get a free consult from Dr. Couto at OSU regardless of the type of cancer. He is an absolute angel and very, very helpful.

Every minute with Stampede will be even more precious from today forward.

We lost our 13 year old Comet to lymphoma. The lumps popped up on a Christmas day and he was gone 2 weeks later.

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry for the news. We will keep well wishes in our thoughts for his health and comfort.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I just want to let you know that my CoCo lived for 28 months after I found her nodes to be enlarged. She went through a year of a Modified Wisconsin Protocol and 3-4 CCNU treatments of a "salvage" protocol. She left us at 14 1/2 cancer-free, as best as we could tell.

There is hope. Remember to breathe. It can be a roller coaster, but lymphoma can be a manageable disease.

Hugs,

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I read through all the posts before posting. I am so sorry you and your baby are going through this but please, don't lost hope. Looks like this can be managable with the right treatments. Keeping you both in my prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I read through all the posts before posting. I am so sorry you and your baby are going through this but please, don't lost hope. Looks like this can be managable with the right treatments. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Looks like it will be more than a week before we can see the oncologist. I'm not too happy with waiting but I can't make her take us earlier.

Guest K9Cookies

Please send an email to Dr. Couto and get his recommendations. He will usually reply back quickly, if he's not traveling.

I know it's overwhelming, but hang in there. :grouphug