John

Guest Dana

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! I was waiting for an update but this was not what I was expecting! I am so very sorry. Godspeed John.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I sit here trying to reply but, I find myself short of words. Such a tremendous loss. I too lost my true heartdog 2 months ago so I know how much it hurts. There isn't a day that goes by since her passing that I don't shed a tear but, I know in my heart that she's being cared for until we meet again and now John will be cared for as well. They are never truly gone as we still hold them in our hearts. My thoughts are with you tonight.

Edited by tbhounds

What terrible heartache. I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dana, I'm so sorry. grouphug.gif I read your other thread and saw it was locked, and found this one. At the same time, from my CD player came "Over the Rainbow" cry1.gif Please know that you are not alone.

Godspeed sweet John ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest dwolfe711

We are so sorry for you loss of John - what a terrible shock - hugs to you - :grouphug - he is running free from pain at the Bridge now - :gh_run2

Guest BradyzMommy

I am so very sorry for the loss of your young boy. Please know that you are definitely not alone in your grief; too many of us have stood where you stand. :grouphug:grouphug

I am so very sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh no, I am so, so sorry to hear this news. My heart is breaking for you. You want more than anything to do what is best for them, and sometimes, even that is not enough.

When I lost my first GH, Sophie last year, I found this group a day before she died. She became ill and I was frantically searching the internet for a GH group and I found GT. Unfortunately Sophie had died the next day. I thought I could never return to GT because it would just hurt too much. But, to be honest, GT helped me to heal from the terrible raw pain I was experiencing. It's not that coming here minimized my loss in any way; it's more that I found people who feel the same way about their beloved hounds as I do. I no longer felt alone.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss. Please know that we are all here for you.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Smiley

I am so very, very sorry. I so understand the hope and despair that comes with surgery and then not bringing your baby home. We experienced this in January and my heart goes out to you. Many, many hugs and thoughts of peace to you . . .