Bailey, My Best Little Buddy

greyhndz

I'm not yet ready to write this, but until then,

I have to believe that Bailey is once again snuggling with Lexi, whom he's yearned for since 8/15/09.

Picture053-2-1.jpg

I have to believe that, from the day he was given to me in 1997, he knew that he was adored, worshiped, and was truly a gift.

PD_0209-1.jpg

That nothing could compare to neck kisses....

PHOTOSROOERS148-1.jpg

That he knew how well he taught me that iggies were iggies, not little greyhounds.

PHOTOSROOERS616.jpg

And that for the past 13 years, he knew he had me, and that I'd never let him go. Until I knew it was the right thing to do.

PD_0134-1-1.jpg

My 4 galgos woke me at 3am this morning, rooing loudly. I have to believe it was when Bailey and Lexi were reunited, forever.

I will never be the same.

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gingergrey

So sorry for your loss. Bailey was such a beautiful pup. 13 years is a long time, and to suddenly be without him is heartwrenching. I understand your pain. The loss is

unbearable. Hugs to you, and know that we understand. :bighug:gh_run:f_red

Guest Energy11

What a CUTE little guy, Bailey was! He was lucky to have you, and you, him!

I know the Galgos rooing was to announce his arrival at The Bridge.

God love, and God Speed Little Bailey!

Your post sent shivers up and down my spine.

I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Awww Jordan, I'm crying with you.... sending light and prayers my friend........ run with the angels, Bailey, and send your Mama a sign soon.

I am so sorry Jordan, I know how deeply you love him, and that final act of love is the most difficult.

May the burden always be ours, and never theirs.

God spped to you big guy, for you truly know how much you are loved. Watch over your mom and the rest of the crew.

You will be greatly missed

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, not your handsome little man Bailey! I am crying here with you Jordan.

:f_white

If tears could make their cloud beds softer, I think he, Lexi and Niña will get along just fine.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Bailey remains snuggly entrenched in your heart, there when you need your heart memories to sing Baileys song of love and life with you.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oh Jordan, what a beautiful tribute. I'm so sorry that Bailey had to leave. grouphug.gif

Godspeed little Bailey ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

He had a long, wonderful life with you...it was perfect and what every hound wishes for. I am so sorry. Rest well, little guy.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)