Thank You Misty!

CaliforniaGreys

I don't think I usually dream, and if I do, I don't remember them. And I have never had one of my dogs who have passed away come to me in a dream. I wish I had but it just never happened.

And I also consider myself to be a fairly level headed person.

Something happened yesterday which caused me to think about Misty's last trip to the vet. As I was getting Wayne and Ekko out of the car, the vet tech was helping Misty out which was easiest for her.

As she was taking her out, she was checking to see if she was dehydrated and I remember saying to her I didn't think she was.

The worst guilt came over me and I was having a hard time yesterday thinking that maybe she was and I didn't know it. I never thought I would miss something like that, but I started to question myself.

I went to bed and was thinking about Lily (Lilysmom's girl) and fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and I had had a dream about Misty.

I can not remember the details about that dream, as hard as I've tried, but I do know that when I woke up from the dream, I knew that I hadn't missed dehydration and I felt such a release of guilt.

I remember saying thank you and then drifting back to sleep.

Thank you so much Misty, you knew I needed you beatinghearts.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Claudia, you never let Misty down. :gh_run2 You knew that deep down. You just needed to be reminded and she heard you.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

She really was there when you needed her. Bless her heart.

And yours. You were the best momma to your Misty girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest BooBooMama

Oh Claudia. I have so many guilt related thoughts about BooBoo- ignoring her or telling her to be quite when she whined, thinking she was just being demanding for her walk, a cookie, etc. and simply taking her out or giving her a treat. Could she have been in pain already back then? months before she began to limp?

Whenever those thoughts enter my head I remember her happy little face when we took those long drives to her favorite places that last week of her life. She forgave me.

Misty WAS telling you is was OK- you did not fail her.

Guest dmona

Claudia, I think we all question ourselves when this happens...I know I have with my Kelsey who left us on 6/4/10. I think did I do something to cause her pain like let her run and she fell or just any number of things. I'm glad Misty "let you know" that you didn't let her down. We just can't beat ourselves up.

Take care.

Dianne

My gosh, how many times to we question ourselves. You did the best for Misty, she knew it and let you know. How awesome Claudia.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Claudia, I am sitting here with a bittersweet feeling and a smile on my lips. Sweet Misty always knows what you need, and you always know what she needed and gave it to her. Some just live deep in our bones and we feel them.

I always feel such a comfort when they visit to let us know all is well and we are loved unconditionally as only a dogs heart can love. :bighug

Claudia,

Misty had the very best of everything - the best mom, the best care - that any hound could ever imagine. I too think of her often - and will remember her always.

:grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest Heehoo

Sometimes they just do that. She was a very wise lil girl & she knew you had been

busy lately & probably not taking the time to care for YOU vs everyone else. So she

decided to take it upon herself to send you a message & since you're italian & you

don't listen to some of us when we tell you something (I love you myfriend) then

she decided to come to you in a dream while you were sitting still.

Remember the butterfly from the other day, maybe that was really her instead of Gogh.

It did have some blue on it. Hmmmmm

Edited by Heehoo

Guest Energy11

I believe those who pass DO come to you in dreams. My Bob did a few times, shortly after he died.

I KNOW Misty was coming to you, to let you know she is OK, and so you could get rid of your guilt.

Sending you all the love we can! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari.

Thank you sweet Misty for giving Claudia the reassurance she needed, when she needed it the most.

I know how awful it feels to have doubts and guilt over that final visit to the vet. I have them myself over Sophie. I do whatever I can to prevent those thoughts from creeping into my conscious mind, because they are so painful.

Good girl, Angel Misty, for taking care of your mommy.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Misty is a true angel and she let you know everything is alright.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest how888

I can relate to the guilt for sure.. :unsure I just wish I could dream of Nike more.. Just doesn't happen.. Not yet anyway. I really believe in those signs.. I was just reading about signs and coincidences last night.. :grouphug

I have often marvelled how even death is not powerful enough to keep them from looking after us and giving us what we need. They don't need an earth suit to do that. In fact from what I understand they are more powerful in the spirit world. She was clearly looking out for you- as she will continue to do!