Rocky

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

No news yet. I'm guessing we won't hear anything until tomorrow. Rocky's getting by OK with the tramadol, I just have to stay on top of making sure he gets his next dose before the previous starts to wear off.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytbookert

No news yet. I'm guessing we won't hear anything until tomorrow. Rocky's getting by OK with the tramadol, I just have to stay on top of making sure he gets his next dose before the previous starts to wear off.

Rocky's been on my mind all day. Still sending prayers!

Guest KennelMom

His primary vet went home sick. Just talked a vet tech (who didn't see any lab results in his file) and I expressed my frustration and concern that Rocky just doesn't seem to be a priority over there and if a doctor went home sick, didn't another doctor pick up their patient load? She supposed to be having a doctor call me back.

Well crap Heather! I'd be fuming mad also. Darn, I so hoped you'd have a diagnosis tonight. Still keeping your boy in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh, don't get me started.angryfire.gif I have been lurking on this one because it's just so frustrating - before each update, I have been convinced that the next update will be that "Ah-Ha" moment! You and Ken have gone the distance and beyond to get a diagnosis or at least a plan. I agree. Time to sit down, face to face, eye to eye and ask the difficult questions and don't stop asking until you have a satisfactory answer(s) - including case management responsibilities when one of their Drs is not available regardless of the reason. Will continue to lurk and pray for you and Ken and poor hurting Rocky. He has been through so much already!grouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm sorry, Heather......I don't blame you for being frustrated and upset. There is nothing worse than something obviously being wrong and no one able to tell you what it is. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and I really hope you can find someone who can help you with Rocky :grouphug

I can't imagine how frustrated you must be! Poor Rocky - he needs a diagnosis so they can start fixing him, dammit! Best wishes to you tomorrow. Hopefully the vet's treatment will make sense once you talk to her.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Booo. Was really hoping I'd check back and see tha tsomeone had returned your call before they left for the day. How frustrating for you. Hoping you get answers tomorrow.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Girl, you know how I feel.

Not that you all would need it but if you need some back up with "truckers mouth" I'm on the road to come help out :D Just let me throw my weight around :gmark:lol

No other choices, Rocky has to get better. We will accept nothing less.

:grouphug to you, Ken and Rocky.

Guest Swifthounds

:grouphug Heather, Ken, and Rocky

I keep checking the thread and thinking the next update will be the one that reveals what is wrong. I can't believe the vet went home sick and left you hanging. Okay, I actually can't believe a vet went home sick. They must be living way too comfortably these days. Most vets know that no matter how crummy they feel, it's nothing compared to not knowing what is making your baby sick.

Then again, best not to take advice from me. I would have read them the riot act in person, right in their lobby. You'd be amazed at how fast they figure out they've screwed up when they can't do it without the whole world knowing.

:lol though at the thought of what they'd do when faced with TWO angry Heathers...

Guest KennelMom

Thanks for the encouragement, commiseration and advice, all. Once I could see straight yesterday, I meditated on things a bit more and I feel like I can at least go in there today and express my frustration to the vet (without getting kicked out and/or appearing on the local news) and move on to work with someone new. At the end of the day, I just feel like this vet isn't invested in treating Rocky and *that's* what makes me mad. Because if she doesn't really care, then she's likely to make mistakes or miss something. This is the polar opposite attitude from any other vet we've worked with at the specialty practice. I'm not sure he needs to be in the internal medicine department anymore anyway. No matter what, we're not leaving that place until we have made progress for Rocky. Sigh. Maybe we should at least just start the pred.

Did they ever test for fungus? Expensive, slow, and a longshot, but maybe any port in a storm. I'm so sorry to hear he's no better and all the tests have shown big fat nothing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I would start the pred but find an antidote first, if possible. I think I may be repeating myself; if so, please forgive me.

Guest KennelMom

Batmom - haven't heard mention of fungus...how/what do they test for that? Blood? What kind of fungus?

Blastomycosis and histoplasmosis. I think you have to do a blood culture for those and it's slow. His symptoms don't match but it's the only thing I can think of (besides simple muscle strain, which doesn't match either) that antibiotics won't touch. If he had something else hard to test for (lepto, bartonella) a good course of antibiotics should've given some relief at least.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest K9Cookies

Crap, Heather. :( I'm so sorry for you guys and Rocky. Kick some butt today and let us know what you find out. :grouphug

I hope something can be found that is ailing Rocky. It's so frustrating when you know something is wrong and can't to the bottom of it. I hope today you find something or at least make headway with the vet.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.