We Are Thankful

Today is a special day for us. One year ago today Jamey had his right front leg amputated due to osteosarcoma. It's been a year of ups and downs. From breaking his leg on the X-ray table as they were still trying to diagnose the OSA and having his leg amputated that same afternoon, to an infection two weeks later, though 5 courses of chemo-which took forever to get to us here in Canada and caused his chemo to be delayed by about a month. But after that it was all uphill! He is now his normal self. The only precautions we take are for icy sidewalks or a slippery deck in the winter. We don't want Jamey to slip and fall. Otherwise Jamey lives as he did pre-amputation. Jamey is one of the lucky ones, as we all know not all Greyhounds survive OSA this long. We are extremely thankful for this, and really feel sadness for everyone that cannot celebrate as we are doing today. :bighug to every one of you that has lost a Grey to cancer. We know that one day we will be in that situation also.

He does have to go for a checkup later this month and we pray that all will still be OK!

Give all your Greys an extra hug today for Jamey. We are going to spoil everyone here today!

Jameyyardoct1-09.jpg

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

:guns Congratulations Jamey!!! Way to show that nasty cancer who is boss!!!

:hope for all those still battling this horrible disease!

eta cause i can't spell :blink:

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

That is a FANTASTIC milestone. Way to go Jamey!!! Cookies and ice cream should be coming your way.

I wish all could have another 12 months+ with their pups after diagnosis. Perhaps one day.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Congrats Jamey! confetti.gif Excellent work! clap.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Wonderful. Just wonderful. So uplifting to hear good news in this heading. Jamey, you are beautiful, baby blush.gif

bighug.gif to you and your family, who love you so, so much.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I saw your post on COG too! Congratulations to you and Jamey for making it this far!!! :yay:confetti I hope you have many more years to come!!!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest eaglflyt

WOOHOO for Jamey!!! :yay :yay :yay I love this!!! :beatheart It's so great when some of these precious pups beat the odds and do great post-amp. I hope he never has a return of osteo.

:yay I'm thrilled for all of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Totally amazing. Gives greyt hope! keep it up Jamey.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Awesome!!!! Way to go, Jamey!!!!!

:confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.