We Are Thankful

Wonderful news! Hope you get more good news at his check up. :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:confetti That is FANTASTIC! I hope that you have much more special time together :)

We are hoping for the best with Sutra, as he is not a candidate for amputation. It has been almost 2 months since his diagnosis and he is still without pain meds and has had a few "limping spells" but in general does not limp at all.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Fabulous job Jamey!! :confetti

Darcy sends you a three paws up!

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thank you to everyone for the nice words about Jamey. We had a whole weekend of celebrating. Saturday was our adoption group's BBQ, so we went there twice- it was a 5 minute drive from where we live. Once with Jamey and Master. Then with the brindlies, Diego, Tosca and Marco. Jamey got lots of comments and questions about his leg. One little girl of about 5 years old was petting him, stopped all of a sudden and counted his legs! I said "Yes he really only has three legs- his leg was sick so it had to be taken off". It was just so cute, the way she walked around Jamey to count his legs :lol Then they had a hot dog at the BBQ, and some ice cream at home, and some mooshies. They all liked that.

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another quick update on Jamey. He had another check-up last week and everything was still fine! His lung X-rays were clear and his kidneys were OK too. (He developed some kidney trouble as a result of the chemo, but it's under control.) The vets were so pleased with the results, as were we! His next checkup is in another three months.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I'm so happy that Jamie has hit the "1 year" point and that he is managing OK with three legs.

Your note made me remember how I felt when one of my osteo boys ran circles around my house for the first time with three legs and I could see how happy he was to "just be".

That is such a lovely story about the little girl counting Jamie's legs. It's wonderful to know that he's gotten so much quality time. And yes, that is cause for celebration!

I know what you mean about feeling sad when so many other Greys do not get that kind of time. We had Winnie for 3 1/2 good years after her amp, and while I was grateful every day for that time, I couldn't help feeling almost guilty because so many owners weren't as lucky (I do think luck is a big part of it).

Live each day to the fullest with your precious boy. He is truly a blessing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest bigorangedog

Thanks for posting Jamey's inspiring story. My Apollo is 4 months post-amp right now. We lost our Whitey in April at 5.5 months post-amp. They are all amazing pups and I am grateful for them every day! Many hugs to Jamey!!! :wub:

Your Jamie is a beautiful boy - Congratulations on fighting the good fight. He is lucky to have a family like you to stand by his side through his battle.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.