Abita Rascal

3DogNite

My boy Rascal is gone!

I remember saying ,, I don't know if I could have a black dog, black dogs always scared me. Well,, into my life came the sweetest, gentlest, wisest Black Boy EVER!

Teddy said, Rascal is the best "church going greyhound" she'd ever meet. His foster Mom glowed about how wonderful he was.. and I said SEND HIM TO ME!!! PLEASE!

I drove to Colorado with a friend, we met wonderful people who brought him from OK, and Rascal entered my life,, and I fell in LOVE! That was 6 years ago.

So much has happened in my transformation of "being scared" of black dogs! Now I don't know what I'm going to do WITHOUT my black boy!

He survived several crazy bizarre injuries. He tore BOTH Achilles tendons,, at the same time! in a "FUN" run at RTW one year. He recovered with grace and dignity and amazing patience. After a couple of surgeries, he was able to "run" the yard, and always with a smile on his face! He went thru several bouts of HGE,, always a skinny boy, he seemed to be skin and bones, just to enjoy the 4 feedings a day, giving me a SMILE after each one,, he was always to grateful and loving! He woke up one morning, half paralyzed, FCE the vet said,, 24 hrs later, he was doing a funny hop-skip-hop around the back yard, willing his feet to work in the right way! He recovered. He broke his tail at Christmas, we thought it would have to be amputated. But my boy let me Dr. his tail everyday, I saved that long, white tipped tail!! and he was wagging it everyday in gratitude and with love of life!!!

When the Vet said Kidney disease, my heart sank, but I thought, we can do this! then after an ultrasound and the very fast progression of bad symptoms we knew this was not going to be something we could beat. Rascal endured 3 months of sub q fluid injections, several rounds of Special Treats were sent by his wonderful friends in BDR, what hound wouldn't feel better! Rascal made it to the Kanab Greyhound Gathering one last time, and then he made sure I had new doggies in my life to love me before he decided he could leave me.

Rascal left this world last Friday morning. My heart is so sad, and I miss him so much! My big, black, smiling, DANCING, grey-faced, benevolent old man.

my last funny picture of him, makes me smile and laugh out loud,,, I know he wants me to be happy, he sent new dogs for me to love before he went on to his next journey.

The time we have with our wonderful dogs is NEVER long enough,, Hug them, kiss them, and love them everyday. Cherish the funny, silly moments.

Good by Rascal Dascal,, you changed my life for the better. I will always love you!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

What a silly and funny boy. That photo just speaks volumes.

And you are right, they are never with us long enough.

Their bodies are gone from our life, but those pawprints are forever embedded upon our hearts

GOD SPEED Rascal :angelwings:gh_run:angelwings

and :grouphug to you

I am so sorry.

flowers_pink.gif

Run free Rascal - what a difference you made - in so many lives. You will be remembered forever.

So much has happened in my transformation of "being scared" of black dogs! Now I don't know what I'm going to do WITHOUT my black boy!

Good by Rascal Dascal,, you changed my life for the better. I will always love you!

Exactly how I felt about Suzy!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

A blessed hound with a loving family is all we can asked for these hounds. Rascal had that and more. We are so sorry for your loss of this special pup.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest SusanP
:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm happy to hear how loved your sweet Rascal was. You gave him the gift of a loving home. What more could a dog ask?

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rascal sounds like he was a very good friend. I do love his last picture tongue.gif & hope it helps you work through his loss. Godspeed Rascal! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Your wonderful tribute to Rascal brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your loss.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I love that picture of him :wub:

For me, Rascal had a connection to Misty, maybe it was because of the battle he fought, one he fought so bravely and with such dignity.

He takes a piece of my heart with him, as I'm sure with all of the BDR.

God speed to you handsome boy, for you truly know how very much you are loved and will be so missed.

Please give our little girl a kiss from us, and a big kiss to Miss Darbee-Doo

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry for the loss of your special boy. Love them tuxedo boys!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how devastating it is, when you've got what seems to be a bullet-proof pup, to realize that THIS is the one he's not going to beat. My heart goes out to you and your family.

That picture is wonderful! Hold him in your heart.

I'm so sorry. He was a boy in a million, wasn't he? :wub:

Godspeed, sweetie. Watch over your momma from the bridge. And thank you for training her so well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.