Update On Hitchie And House

My poor boys...they both have to spend the night at the vet. They both required anesthesia and it's SOP to keep them overnight. Hitchie was a little slower shaking it off while House was up and around fairly quickly. Dr. Larrick was able to close up the gash on Hitchie's neck but it will have a drain for a few days. He also had a smaller gash which was closed up with only a few stitches. House still has a tail for now but that's what we'll really have to watch. Everything is right up at the base of his tail....there was a gash on the top that was stitched up but a nastier, jagged tear on the bottom that they just trimmed up and cleaned. It's in a wet wrap right now and the rest of his tail is still warm so they're hoping it'll granulate enough to start healing. He may still lose part of it but they really don't want to take it off at the base since that can cause lots of other problems. That bite got an artery so that's why the bleeding was so bad. He also had a bite that went through two muscles (and almost got his abdomen) so that took a bit to repair...he's going to be an uncomfortable pup for a while, that's for sure. They'll call me in the morning with an update. I'm sure I'll hear House in the background screaming for some breakfast (he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning). I don't like not having them here. I automatically picked up all five bowls getting ready to fix their dinner. It just feels wierd.

As for me, it looks like seven days of wound care and keeping my leg propped up; my skin graft surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday morning. Apparently, it's too swollen to tackle right now. It grosses me out so I won't gross everyone else out with the gory details.

So, for now, we're just kind of cruising along seeing how things go. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I'll keep everyone updated, especially after my two rogues come home tomorrow morning.

Edited by fourofem

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Good to hear from you. Was worried about you guys yesterday. Hoping all healing proceeds as it should.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just wow. I hope you begin to heal and the boys do okay, too! On the other hand, House is now REALLY like Dr. House with the pain meds on board! Take care of yourself.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

What a mess. I hope everyone heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

sending many more hugs all of your way. :bighug :bighug :bighug

I hope all of you heal quickly!!! as someone who has lost part of their body to a dog bite, I feel for ya :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

The boys are home; not looking or feeling too great but home. Now that we're settled in with all of our medicine and wraps, bandages, gauze, saline solutions, etc., we'll kick back and take it easy until Monday when they go in for bandage changes and for Hitchie to have his drain removed. Then comes Tuesday and I don't even want to think about that yet.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Well this all just sucks Blair. There really are no other words! I'm so sorry this happened.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Been thinking about you.

Just curious, what did you tell the doc?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Been thinking about you.

Which doc? I told the vet exactly what happened. The ER doc...that was a little tougher since my sister was right there saying "she has too many damn dogs, that's what happened". The plastics doc...I didn't go into a lot of detail...just that I was breaking up a scuffle and got in the middle of it. Everyone seems to think it was an attack...it wasn't that at all but that's hard to explain to people who don't know. Hitchie would never, ever, ever bite me...he didn't know what he was doing and unfortunately, we're all paying for it right now but we'll get through this.

siggie50_1.jpg

Been thinking about you.

Which doc? I told the vet exactly what happened. The ER doc...that was a little tougher since my sister was right there saying "she has too many damn dogs, that's what happened". The plastics doc...I didn't go into a lot of detail...just that I was breaking up a scuffle and got in the middle of it. Everyone seems to think it was an attack...it wasn't that at all but that's hard to explain to people who don't know. Hitchie would never, ever, ever bite me...he didn't know what he was doing and unfortunately, we're all paying for it right now but we'll get through this.

I was referring to the ER doc. I too had an incident with Teddy and I wound up with 8 stitches in my face. I drove myself to the ER and lied. They prob thought Rich did it!!!! But breaking up a scuffle is a good explaination and it's also the truth which helps!

Glad everyone is home. I do hope you heal quickly.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Day two...both boys are getting a little irritated with the bandages. Hitchie can't do anything about his so he's dealing. House won't leave the stitches in his side alone so I've had to muzzle him. They're not supposed to go back to the vet until Monday to have their bandages changed but I think I'll get House in tomorrow. His tail wrap is nasty and I don't want him having to deal with that all weekend. They both ate a good dinner tonight...first one standing since they've been home...men are so pitiful when they're sickwink.gif!!! Kevin loves being the man of the right now.

siggie50_1.jpg

Wow, not fun to say the least! I hope everyone heals quickly and uneventfully. :grouphug:hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)