S Go Unruly

Guest 5hounds

Guest 5hounds

We adopted Rudy on February 13, 2010 from Friends of Greyhounds in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He had been in their kennel for two years waiting for his forever home. They could not understand why no one wanted to adopt him. He was sweet, beautiful and liked to play ball. They thought maybe people were put off by the name Unruly so they changed it to Rudy. That still did not help.

In the beginning of February he was diagnosed with Osteosarcomas on the roof of his mouth. Friends of Greyhounds put out a message on their website asking for help. They wanted Rudy to have a home. They were willing to waive his adopting fee and take care of all his medical bills if they could fine someone to love and take care of him. I found Rudy’s story on their website and wanted to help. We had just lost Missy our 12 year old greyhound (Jan. 12th) to leg cancer so we had the room and the experience to take care of him.

We were so lucky that FOG picked us to be Rudy’s family. We had six wonderful weeks with him. He was sweet, loving and the perfect companion. He got along with our pack and really enjoyed walking around the neighborhood with them. He liked going for rides in the car and going to the park to watch DS play tennis. His favorite thing to do was run around the backyard and play ball. He loved the yard and would stay out there all day if we would let him.

He had good days and bad days with his health. He had nose bleeds all the time and problems breathing because of the tumor but he never let any of this slow him down. He was always happy to see us and ready to go outside and play. This past Thursday night the tumor had grown so big that it was a struggle for Rudy to breathe. We stayed up with him all night and realized that it was time to let him go. I could not get off from work so my DH took him to the vet. He stayed with Rudy, held him in his arms and told him how much we loved him while he pasted away. My DH took him home, cleaned him up and buried him in the backyard that he loved so much.

We wanted to thank Friends of Greyhounds for paying for all Rudy’s medical expenses and for giving him a chance to have a home and a family. They really showed us how much they care about all their dogs and how important it is for each dog to find their forever home.

We also wanted to thank Claudia at Greyhound Gang for recommending the lavender oil and aromatherapy pillow to help Rudy sleep. Thank you for the fast shipping and the discount. He used the pillow and oil everyday and it really did help.

Thank you for taking the time to read about Rudy. He was so special and we miss him so much.

20100220035.jpg

20100220018.jpg

20100303018.jpg

20100306006.jpg

20100220017.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was lucky to have found you for his final weeks. I wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Rudy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry his time with you was so short. What a wonderful thing you did in taking him home so he would know the joys of having a family. God bless you for that. Godspeed Rudy, rest well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Such a sad, sweet story. Thank you for being Rudy's family and helping him to find peace.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 I'm so very sorry. Rudy's story made me cry so much. How horribly unfair that he had to wait 2 years for his home and only found it once he was terminally sick and had little time to enjoy it :cry1 But he was also a very lucky boy because he found you, and you gave him a lot of love and a wonderful home. Thank you for doing this, I firmly believe that you and the people who take in dogs like Rudy are very, very special people.

Rest in peace, Rudy. You found your home in the end, and I have no doubt the wait was worth it, sweetie :heart:brokenheart

He was so beautiful.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Bless your generous broken heart! I'm so sorry. But I'm so glad he spent his last six weeks in your loving home!

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

What a beautiful, beautiful boy.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

How wonderful of you to take Rudy in so that he could spend his last few weeks in a loving home. I'm so very sorry your time with him was so short :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest twogreytkids

I am so sorry that you only had Rudy for such a short time. Thank you for taking him into your home and letting him enjoy the last days of his life.

Marcy

Tim, Rose & Sebastian, We cant thank you enough for giving Rudy all the love and care that you did. Rudy was so special to everyone at FoG and we were blessed to have had the opportunity to love him. Your kind and generous gift of a wonderful and loving home of his own, even if for only a short time, will never be forgotten. There is a special place in our hearts for you and your family. We know he was well cared for, well loved and happy.... 82wr49g.gif

Lee and Leslie

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm sorry just doesn't cut it, may blessing come back to you and your DH many many times over.

This is one of those times that I pray they really do live in the moment.

God speed to you handsome boy, for there truly is a special place for you in the heavens.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry. I hadn't heard of Rudy's situation before. What a beautiful, beautiful boy (and that sideways-flopped ear! :wub: ). He looks really, truly happy -- I'm so glad he knew that, and so sorry he had to leave so soon.

:f_white

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest Heehoo

There's a special place in heaven for you & your family. Not many people would do what you did & go through the heartache that you have endured. Just know that the last thing he will ever remember is the love he felt from you & your family. You will be his only memory. 

:beatheart

Guest isntitgreyt

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking this boy in and giving him a loving home in his final weeks. You were touched by an angel. Run Free Rudy...