S Go Unruly

Guest 5hounds

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry1

I can't believe Rudy waited so long at the adoption kennel!! What a handsome boy he was...with great ears!

Thank you so much for showing him love in his last weeks. I'm sorry he couldn't stay longer. :sad1

Godspeed, Rudy. :gh_run2

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful gift you gave Rudy! It sounds like he enjoyed every moment of his time with you. He was a beautiful boy & was way too young to leave you. Godspeed Rudy! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Words cannot comfort you during this time but, Thank you for taking in Rudy during his difficuly time. There is a special place for you and yours. Rudy looks so happy. Rudy, run pain free now, you are among friends.

Thank you for sharing Rudy's story with us. Godspeed Rudy, watch over your family. flowers_yellow.gif

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Thank you for giving this sweet boy a home. I am very sorry he left so soon.

Run free Rudy, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest dwolfe711
:ohno:crying OMG - what a big beautiful boy - some of my tears at reading his story are for the time he had to spend in the kennel without the love of your wonderful family. I am so glad that you found him when you did and gave him the six most wonderful weeks of his life in your loving home. You did a wonderful thing for him and I am sure that he became as big a part of your heart as if he had been there six years! He knew the love of family and the freedom of a home - and now he runs free at the Bridge - run free sweet Rudy - :gh_run2 - and hugs to your forever family - we are so sorry for your loss :bighug

:cry1 He was so lucky to have been loved by you.

:gh_run

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest how888

An angel on earth now graces our Heaven... Somewhere Over The Rainbow.....Until we meet again one day , soar high with the angels.... :f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_lay I am so very sorry....

Guest SkipperAnnie

We adopted Rudy on February 13, 2010 from Friends of Greyhounds in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He had been in their kennel for two years waiting for his forever home. They could not understand why no one wanted to adopt him. He was sweet, beautiful and liked to play ball. They thought maybe people were put off by the name Unruly so they changed it to Rudy. That still did not help.

In the beginning of February he was diagnosed with Osteosarcomas on the roof of his mouth. Friends of Greyhounds put out a message on their website asking for help. They wanted Rudy to have a home. They were willing to waive his adopting fee and take care of all his medical bills if they could fine someone to love and take care of him. I found Rudy’s story on their website and wanted to help. We had just lost Missy our 12 year old greyhound (Jan. 12th) to leg cancer so we had the room and the experience to take care of him.

We were so lucky that FOG picked us to be Rudy’s family. We had six wonderful weeks with him. He was sweet, loving and the perfect companion. He got along with our pack and really enjoyed walking around the neighborhood with them. He liked going for rides in the car and going to the park to watch DS play tennis. His favorite thing to do was run around the backyard and play ball. He loved the yard and would stay out there all day if we would let him.

He had good days and bad days with his health. He had nose bleeds all the time and problems breathing because of the tumor but he never let any of this slow him down. He was always happy to see us and ready to go outside and play. This past Thursday night the tumor had grown so big that it was a struggle for Rudy to breathe. We stayed up with him all night and realized that it was time to let him go. I could not get off from work so my DH took him to the vet. He stayed with Rudy, held him in his arms and told him how much we loved him while he pasted away. My DH took him home, cleaned him up and buried him in the backyard that he loved so much.

We wanted to thank Friends of Greyhounds for paying for all Rudy’s medical expenses and for giving him a chance to have a home and a family. They really showed us how much they care about all their dogs and how important it is for each dog to find their forever home.

We also wanted to thank Claudia at Greyhound Gang for recommending the lavender oil and aromatherapy pillow to help Rudy sleep. Thank you for the fast shipping and the discount. He used the pillow and oil everyday and it really did help.

Thank you for taking the time to read about Rudy. He was so special and we miss him so much.

20100220035.jpg

20100220018.jpg

20100303018.jpg

20100306006.jpg

20100220017.jpg

Thank you for having such a big heart and giving Rudy all of your love - he's telling all his friends at the rainbow bridge how lucky he was to have you.

It is a very special family indeed who will take a houndie deep into their hearts and home knowing full well that the heartbreak to come is just around the corner. Our hearts are indebted to yours...Thank you for loving Rudy.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Thank you for opening your home and hearts to Rudy so that he would not the love and joy of a forever home. I am so sorry that you did not have more time with him but every moment he had with you was a true gift for all of you.

Godspeed Rudy - you will be loved forever.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Unlike us humans, they don't fear that future pain and sadness. Thank goodness that knowledge didn't keep you from opening your hearts and home to such a deserving boy, and bless you for doing that. Though long overdue, Rudy knew that he had found his true forever home. And he knew how very much he was loved.

I'm so sorry that you and your precious Rudy didn't have more time together.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so sorry that Rudy couldn't stay longer. In all the photos, he looks so happy and content. You shared your heart and love with him and that was the greatest gift you could have given to this beautiful boy.

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GriffinsMom

What an incredibly sad yet uplifting story. I'm so sorry that Rudy's time with you was so short although I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. Godspeed to the Bridge Rudy.

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif

All those people who passed him by those 2 years will never know what they missed. God bless you and God bless Friends of Greyhounds for having the special love to allow his prayer to come true and be able to crossover as a much loved pet that will never be forgotten.

Run free, fast, healthy and happy Rudy! You won!

-and you will be loved always!

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Run free sweet Rudy :gh_run

He got to cross the Bridge as a beloved family member, thank you for making his wish come true.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

What a beautiful hound he was. He also shared a name with my brother in law who was just killed in an accident.

Guest jade1046
:weep:weep:weep Just seeing this - what a touching story. I'm so glad Rudy was able to spend his last days with such a loving family. My sincere condolences on your loss. Godspeed beautiful Rudy. :gh_run:f_red

Talk about a bittersweet story, this is certainly one. Thank you for taking in Rudy and Rudy you wont have to wait for a home anymore,you are there now & will always be healthy & loved.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina