Amputation For Smiley Tomorrow, Prayers Please!

Guest Smiley

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth I'm so glad I saw this. I'll change my prayers to add a safe and uneventful surgery.

You know when I started HfH I had not met Dr Couto nor really knew anything about his program. I chose them because they were the only greyhound cancer research at the time. After meeting him, I knew I had made the right choice, he's amazing isn't he? The money we all raise either for Hope for Hounds or independantly all goes to provide the kinds of things they do for us. The caring and quality of what they do is what makes the so very special.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Smiley will remain in our thoughts and prayers for a safe surgery with skilled hands and an uneventful and speedy recovery

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Thank you ALL for your kind words, good thoughts and prayers. I am starting to feel much more at peace tonight and I hope that tomorrow will feel the same. One of the great unexpected gifts from all of this is that we signed a tissue donor release form giving the OSU team permission to donate blood/urine/tumor samples to aid in pediatric oncology research. I will update tomorrow as soon as we get home. Keep those prayers coming! Please! :)

You and Smiley will be in my thoughts with every wish in the world for an uneventful surgery and recovery!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

My heart is with you. :heart Smiley is in the best possible hands, and should do great with the surgery. Holding him, his loving family and all the vet staff in my prayers. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

We'll be getting on the road here shortly and Pete and I are both pretty nervous. After the initial, "Oh Poo (insert stronger word here), did we do the right thing?" moment I had when I first woke up, I am feeling more at peace. I think it will be a roller coaster of emoations all day. Thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts. This is just what we'll be doing in the waiting room today-sending prayers and good thoughts to my boy.

Praying for Smiley. I hope it brings you some comfort to know that I felt the same way when I took Ivy in for her amputataion. In our case it was immediately obvious it WAS the correct decision and we had many more happy times together. She was a very happy active girl even though she received chemo afterwards as well. They used her picture as the Chapter beginning for a book telling of peoples experiences with amputation. It was called "WITHOUT REGRET."hope.gif

Good and healing thoughts for Smiley today and for the time ahead.

Hugs for you and Pete.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Sending lots of good thoughts for Smiley... :goodluck:candle:goodluck:candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.