Amputation For Smiley Tomorrow, Prayers Please!

Guest Smiley

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, the ramp. We had that too for our angel Polli- she used it after her amp while she she was still with us. I taught Elsie to use it too and she only uses the ramp while the others never use it!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I know it's hard not to have him home with you, but I'm sure it's for the best, especially if you and Pete are not rested. Well, you're not going to be COMPLETELY rested, no matter when he comes home, but get as much sleep now as you can. I think it's kinda scary having them home real soon after the amp. There are so many things going on while their systems process the anesthesia and acclimate to the pain meds. It's a normal process, but something that is disconcerting to the ones who love them so much. You're so attuned to every little sound or behavior. So if he can adjust as much as possible where he's in the best of hands, that's a plus. It sounds like things are moving along just right.

Great work on the ramp! Pete is a talented guy.

We'll be thinking about you and Smiley, and sending lots of prayers and white light.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Whistle

You continue to be in our prayers. AWESOME job on the ramp! I am very impressed :) I, too, think it was smart to leave him an extra day. He'll be home before you know it!

Thanks for sharing the sweet picture of your boy.

Guest Energy11

One more day couldn't hurt! LOVE The ramp! We have one, too! I have five dogs, ranging in age from 7-9.5, and told DH we needed a handicapped ramp, just in case :-))

Hang in there, cause, ... better days are coming, AND, IF, ANY of mine were at OSU, I wouldn't worry for one minute :-))

Love, hugs and prayers! DEE and My five

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts for our beautiful Smiley. He incurred a fracture in his good leg yesterday afternoon and after we got the call, we drove down to be with him and say our goodbyes. We are beyond devastated. All of your well wishes have bouyed us through this last days and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.