Amputation For Smiley Tomorrow, Prayers Please!

Guest Smiley

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be thinking of you and your family today as Smiley goes through surgery. Stay strong - you are doing what is best for your boy and there is no reason to second - guess any decision that is made with love.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest K9Cookies

I'm just now seeing this...

Dr. Couto and his team are simply amazing. Give Smiley a kiss from all of us when you get to see him. :kiss2 Hang in there. Just a while longer on that rollercoaster ride. :grouphug

:grouphug Thinking of you and Smiley today...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I was lucky enough to be able to listen to Dr. Couto speak in Atlanta recently and the love and compassion he has for greyhounds radiates from him and just seems to fill the room. I hate that Smiley is facing this cancer but I can't think of a more wonderful group of people than Dr. Couto and his team for his care. Sending loads of white light for Smiley and the surgical team. May his recovery from amp be quick and painless and may your time ahead with him be measured in years. Hugs to you and your family.

Guest Energy11

While I have met Dr. Couto many times, and love him, I have never taken a dog there. I am SURE it was a very good experience, and you can totally trust them with your baby.

Sending lots of love, hugs and many prayers your way!

Guest so_greytful

We are sending lots of positive energy your way for peace and comfort to all during this difficult time.

One of our dear friends, Simba, had his rear leg amputated. Rest assured that it will not hinder your hound in the least! He, even as a very big boy, acclimated quite well to being a tripod and continued to be his happy self . . . romping in the yard, etc.!

Lots of prayers and well wishes from Toronto Canada; we're Roo-ting for you Smiley!

I'm also thinking good thoughts for you and Pete too.

grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Sending lots of healing and feel better thoughts to Smiley and lots of hugs and comfort to you and Pete. :grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Adding my prayers of hope for Smiley.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten