Amputation For Smiley Tomorrow, Prayers Please!

Guest Smiley

Guest 3greysinPA

We got another update from OSU and they told us that Smiley took a few steps already! :yay:bounce1:clap:banana:pinkele !!! They had planned to just wheel him out, but found that with a little help he was able to stand and take a few steps! I wanted to cry when she called us. I am so thankful for this piece of good news!

OMG!!! This gave me goose bumps when i read it!!!

WAY to GO Smiley!!!!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big hugs to Smiley! They are so amazingly resilient---he will be your inspiration throughout this journey. The Greyhound community in general, and OSU and GT in particular, are so supportive. How great that you got to hang out with fellow GT'ers who knew exactly what you were going through.

Hoping for a smooth homecoming and recovery for Smiley. Lydia is sending gentle telepathic nose kisses!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very Sorry.... I just now saw this.... My thoughts and prayers are with you all during the healing time!!!! :grouphug I am very Happy that there was Great news today..... :yay

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Saturday Morning Update:

We just heard from our vet student at OSU and Smiley did really well last night. They were able to take him off IV pain meds and are giving him oral pain meds only now. He is able to sit up on his own and even stood on his own! :yay The surgeon looked at him this morning and said he looks really good and bleeding has not been a problem. He's preferring to be "spoon fed" still, but I'm happy he's eating. The only issue they had was that he seems to be yelping out for no apparent reason and they feel it's just him getting used to his new body and surroundings and not a pain response. I did tell them that being vocal is in keeping with his personality too. So they are very pleased with his progress and so are we! I cannot wait to see my boy tomorrow! I'm scared to death b/c I want to make sure we do everything right to help him, but I can't wait to baby him like he's never been babied before :blush .

Guest PhillyPups

:confetti Greyt news for Smiley :confetti

Beth, when you see him tomorrow please give him an extre hug from us. You all are in our prayers and thoughts.