Goodbye Old Girl

Guest mbarson

Guest mbarson

How does one start to tell you all that our beautiful Greyhound has finaly crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Maggie was adopted by us because she had obviously been dumped on a country lane and left alone; fortunately she was picked up by Vet clinic aid and brought into the clinic where they tried to find her owners. After three or four days no one came forward to claim her. The Vet reckoned Maggie was 13/14 years old, her coat in an awful state and her back legs were wobbly when walking, she didn't look very well. We picked her up and took her home and waited to hear if anyone had lost her. The Vet gave us some pills for her and told us that we would be lucky to have her for six week to three months. Maggie came to us at the end of November last year and now we've had her for a whole year. Maggie fitted in with our other seven dogs, three Borzoi and four Whippets and within a week was looking a lot better, her coat took on a nice sheen and she looked happy to be with us (or maybe it was all the other dogs), she ate all her food and had her own routine for every day. Awake at 6.15 every morning, (you'ld better come and let me out now) and every four hours throughout the day. With her wobbly back legs she didn't want to come for walks with us, she didn't seem to mind at all. She took over a doggy bed which was always in front of the fire so we had to put another one down especially for her. If another of the dogs decided to lay on 'her bed' Maggie would walk around and around the insurgent until they finally gave in and got up to their own beds or crates. There are so many things I could tell you about Maggie, I would love to go on and on but I'll stop here. Goodbye old girl, have a good run around over there with no more wobbly legs. Say hi to Foxy and Rocky for us, we miss them too.

ps. I wish I could add a nice picture of Maggie for you to see but nothing seems to work for me when I try to add her photo. Maggie was a Black girl with plenty of grey hairs around her nose

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EmbersDad

as my folks used to say, "your a good egg." maggie is now regaling all her new bridge friends with stories of you and your family and how you saw beyond the years and gave her all the love she needed for the last year of her life.

run free maggie

:bighug

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Personally, I think it would be wonderful to hear all the other things you want to tell us about Maggie! Having just heard from you for the first time, I'm already entirely taken with both you and Maggie.

So I'm very sorry Maggie left. :grouphug

But I'm beyond delighted that you had one another for a whole year, especially after such an inauspicious beginning.

:f_white:f_pink:f_white

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

How wonderful of you to open your hearts and home to an old soul. I'm sure she was loved beyond words and even

more sure she is missed so very much. I'm sorry for your loss.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so very sorry she had to leave. I remember this story. You were both blessed.

God speed little girl, watch over your family who is left behind with a broken heart.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Here she is

MaggiesNewCoat1.jpg

My heart is broken, I remember Maggie's story so well. But I'm comforted knowing she had a year, a lovely, warm, well-fed, happy year with you. Godspeed, sweet sweet girl :grouphug

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I am so very sorry. I remembered reading about her when she first came to you. I am glad to you got as much from Maggie as she from you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest IrskasMom

I do to remember Maggie's Story . How blessed was she to have you to give her a final Couch and warm Place . I am

very sorry she had to leave you so soon. :f_pink:grouphug:f_pink

It's wonderful that Maggie got to spend her last year with you. I'm so very sorry that she's gone. :cry1

Godspeed Maggie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

as my folks used to say, "your a good egg." maggie is now regaling all her new bridge friends with stories of you and your family and how you saw beyond the years and gave her all the love she needed for the last year of her life.

run free maggie

:bighug

What he said... Run free, sweet girl. Send your mama some kisses and rainbows from the bridge. f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I'm so sorry for your the loss of your Maggie. I'm sure Loca met her at the bridge and that they took a long, pain-free run together. I think you both had a great year :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug:f_pink I remember her story too, I'm so glad she was able to be at your home for her last year... :grouphug:f_pink

Cathy

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

Guest greymama002

Oh, I remember when your beautiful Maggie came to you, and I've often thought of her. I'm so glad that she was so loved in her last year, but sorry that it was time for her to leave you already. May your treasured memories bring comfort. Run free, precious angel. :angelwings:gh_run2

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I'm so sorry :cry1:grouphug :grouphug

Rest in peace, Maggie.. :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.