My Sweet Senior Pearl

Pepsi2004

Pearl, our 13 1/2 year old girl was not able to get up to eat this afternoon - she has been going down hill - more quicly the last few weeks. It looks like she had a stroke that has affected her left side. As I type this, i am in tears and my heart is breaking, as DH is on the way to the vet's to free her from her frail body. Although we have had her for only 2 1/2 years, she is part of our family. I am going to miss her so much!!

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest PhillyPups

Run with the angels Sweet Pearl - you are with some of the very best.

:bughug to you - this is the hardest part of loving or hounds -

We let them into our hearts knowing full well that we will have to say goodbye. Pain is the price we pay for love. That pain is so well worth the unconditional love and acceptance they give us in return. Feel joy for the comfortable life that she was able to have with you during her final years that was spent loved and well cared for. Our heart cries with yours.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oh no... I'm so sorry. :cry1:(

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Pearl.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greytful4

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I just betcha there was a joyous reunion of hounds at the bridge when she crossed over. Hugs to you and your family. :f_pink

Oh no. :weep Pearlie girl captured my heart and I've often thought of her antics and loving behaviors. I'm so sorry it was time for her to go. I know she was a cherished family member and the Queen of your home. :beatheart Godspeed, precious Pearl... :gh_run2 There's lots of sunbeams to enjoy and angels to cavort with. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, you adopted her when she was 11 years old. That's wonderful that you gave her such a loving home in her senior years.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Pearl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:f_red It doesn't matter if we have them days, weeks or years, we love them, and I am so sorry.

God speed pretty girl and run now with all our Angels. Please continue to watch over those who love you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry. May your memories bring you comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow