Dodge-osteo-post Amputation

Guest VirginiaGreys

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest debmartin

Dianne,

It was such a pleasure to meet you and Dodge this past week-end at Mountain Hounds. Dodge looked absolutely wonderful for someone who just had major surgery. I am sure that as time goes by he will continue to get better and better. And having Dr. Couto look at him had to be the best feeling in the world - what a wonderful man!!! Hope to see both of you again next year at Mountain Hounds - in fact I am looking forward to it. Give him a greyt big belly rub from me and my gang.

Sounds like he's doing really well now :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thank you for the update! I am so happy that Dodge is feeling better and better! (and take care of yourself too - I know it's hard when we have our pups to worry about.)

Big Hugs to you and Dodge!!

FL

Dianne

It was so nice to meet you at Mtn Hounds (I was working registeration on Sat morning) I saw Dodge on Sat and he looked great to me for a houndie that just had surgery. I am so glad that you both were able to see Dr. Cuoto and that Dodge is doing better every day. Give him a big hug and kiss for me and a treat from Maddie.

Amy and Maddie

PS - pm your address so I can get a tax receipt to you. Thanks

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest TBSFlame

I thought Dodge looked good when I saw you during the time Dr. Couto was speaking. You could see the love you have for him as you gently lay him down and as you were stroking him. I was so touched. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dodge.

Glad to hear he is doing so well! :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest VirginiaGreys
Dianne,

It was such a pleasure to meet you and Dodge this past week-end at Mountain Hounds. Dodge looked absolutely wonderful for someone who just had major surgery. I am sure that as time goes by he will continue to get better and better. And having Dr. Couto look at him had to be the best feeling in the world - what a wonderful man!!! Hope to see both of you again next year at Mountain Hounds - in fact I am looking forward to it. Give him a greyt big belly rub from me and my gang.

It was a pleasure to meet you and your husband too!

Each day I can see him perking up...more and more! It was a greyt feeling to have Dr. Couto see him and think that he looked good for 12 days post amp. Now to find a Dr. Couto clone nearby. ;)

Next year...I may go and not vend...just enjoy myself and the events. This year wasn't fun...it was work...and trying to feel better the whole time (I ended up with a sinus infection/bronchitis infection over the weekend). :(

glad to hear he's doing better!!!! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest debmartin

Trust me each day will get him closer to recovery. He will amaze you at what he will re-learn to do!!! When Dianne had her surgery she had the same leg/shoulder removed as Dodge - she learned how to dig with that one front paw and watching her run was pure heaven!!!! She was pain free until the day she crossed - that is all we can hope for. Hopefully next year at Mountain Hounds you can be just one of us "regulars" and enjoy him and the events. Looking forward to seeing you both there.

Guest VirginiaGreys

Dodge continues to improve each day. Today he met me at the door wagging his tail, along with the others.... after I was gone for only 15 minutes! He's moving around outside more as well. He continues to have some tummy troubles, but it's a work in progress.

Guest Energy11
Dodge and I are back from Gatlinburg, TENN and SC. It was a good trip for both of us. Time for him to rest and eat some yummy food...and he got to meet Dr. Couto as well. Dr. Couto thought that Dodge looked good for 12 days post amp. Dodge was still pretty worn out when we first got to Tenn....but as the weekend continued and he started eating more and pooping...he started feeling better. He may have a corn on his back paw...so we'll be having that looked at soon too.

Dodge is eating much better...but still is has a ways to go before he's ready to eat from his dish yet. He's eating cooked chicken and EVO in the can...and tonight I mixed in the EVO kibble...and he liked that as well.

He's still having problems with his bowels...it seems that he needs help getting everything moving through his system...so Cindy (our group's foster coordinator) helped me with a cocktail of sorts...that helps get the body to work better for now.

Tonight was a biggie...he climbed the stairs to the second floor...actually flew up them pretty darn fast....and without a problem. However...we'll have to babygate the top off...so that he doesn't try to go down without me helping him or carrying him down. Going up for a tripod that doesn't have a front leg is probably easier than going down. I already know he has problems going down a few steps...so he won't be allowed to go down unassisted. This is when I really wished that we had a one floor home. The downside..was I was hoping that he'd sleep with me tonight again...but he's jumped in Paul's bed and doesn't want to get up right now. :envy: (oh well....he started whining for me...so now he's in my bed...and I need to hurry off this so I can get my pillow from my van (haven't completely unpacked yet)...and go to bed with him.

.....back to earlier today though....

Today was a day of many firsts...first day to wag his tail...and today he started perking his ears up as well...and paying more attention to when I spoke to him.

Tonight...he was eating his dinner...and Whiskers (my daughter's cat) ...came over and she was enjoying Dodge's dinner herself...as he ate as well.

0601092101a.jpg:)

Today was a greyt day all in all!

Tomorrow he gets his stitches out. He's done really well...and we haven't needed to cover them or tell him to leave them alone. They did seem to bother him...but he left them alone completely...at least...so far. LOL

Enough for today...I need to go to bed now...my cough syrup with codeine is kicking in...I ended up with a sinus infection on my way down to Tenn....and didn't realize till this morning that I could have used my cough syrup...since it was in my overnight bag. That's how bad I felt...I just was totally out of it on Friday and Saturday....if I met you and I was acting weird...this is why...I felt horrible.

Hey! This is Dee, the Medical Contact from Mt. Hounds. Remember, we talked. I am sooo glad Dodge is feeling better!!!!!!!! How are YOU feeling? I am happy things are starting to turn around for you, and that you guys got home okay! Hugs!!! D

Hey, Diane, I thought about you and Dodge all week-end. I almost called you, but in retrospect, it sounds like you were pretty busy, either selling (work), or other vacation type things. When I heard the 2 of you were going to Mountain Hounds, I thought, how brave you are! That is awesome that you went, and had that kind of quality time together. I guess the other dogs stayed home, right? Were you able to relax at Lynn's?

I think, even though it was NOT relaxing with the selling (hope you did well), it was good for both of you. And you got to see Dr. Couto? That's great---and great that he got to see Dodge. There is something so reassuring about having him actually meet them. I cried when he met Winnie!

It sounds like Dodge is turning a few corners. There will be a few more to turn, but he is on his way!

Of course, you are both in our prayers daily.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest VirginiaGreys
Hey, Diane, I thought about you and Dodge all week-end. I almost called you, but in retrospect, it sounds like you were pretty busy, either selling (work), or other vacation type things. When I heard the 2 of you were going to Mountain Hounds, I thought, how brave you are! That is awesome that you went, and had that kind of quality time together. I guess the other dogs stayed home, right? Were you able to relax at Lynn's?

I think, even though it was NOT relaxing with the selling (hope you did well), it was good for both of you. And you got to see Dr. Couto? That's great---and great that he got to see Dodge. There is something so reassuring about having him actually meet them. I cried when he met Winnie!

It sounds like Dodge is turning a few corners. There will be a few more to turn, but he is on his way!

Of course, you are both in our prayers daily.

Nancy...As you know....I usually take CJ and/or Snowie to greyhound events....(Dodge usually doesn't go at all...but due to the situation with hand feeding and special needs....I knew that no one at home could do what I could). I felt that Dodge was going to be enough of a challenge...and I was right...so I left the girls at home. Dodge needed more one on one care...and I'm glad that I only took him with me.

Ducky helped Lynn and I while we were vending...bless her heart...she went out and got us lunch and brought it back. Of course...Dodge ate his hamburger...and I ate half of my big mac...until Roscoe (Lynn's greyhound) decided that he wanted the other half and swooped it off the table while my back was turned. :eek:rolleyes:

I was glad that Dr. Couto had time to check on Dodge...it meant the world to me! :blush So after listening to Dr. Couto's seminar...I left and drove to Lynn's home a few hours away...to install shades and relax in the country. :)

Hey! This is Dee, the Medical Contact from Mt. Hounds. Remember, we talked. I am sooo glad Dodge is feeling better!!!!!!!! How are YOU feeling? I am happy things are starting to turn around for you, and that you guys got home okay! Hugs!!! D

It was good to meet you too!

I'm doing a lot better than Friday and Saturday...those days are mostly a blur due to my sinus infection. :blink: Drugs started kicking in on Sunday...still hoping the drugs will kick some infection butt sooner rather than later...but I'm feeling a lot better than Friday/Sat.

I keep seeing improvements each day with Dodge...and am so glad that he's recovering so well!

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Glad to hear the positive updates. Continued prayers for you and Dodge. Keep up the good work handsome boy.

Just catching up with Dodge! Sounds like he's finally on firm footing toward recovery. Boy, that was quite a rollercoaster ride you were on! Prayers for steady improvements!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Hi Diane, I'll fetch that handsome Dodge a burger any time! Despite how yucky you were feeling I know it helped you to hear Dr Cuoto say Dodge looked good.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png