Mokka Is Poorly

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mokka, sweetie, that was so nice of you to be sure you piddled equally so nobody felt left out. I'm going to tuck you into the ND candle just to be sure, ok? Enjoy your visit to camp.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I had to speak to the vet at about 4.45 because the head tilt was markedly worse and Mokka was very quiet indeed. We decided to watch and see but it does sound more like a stroke than anything else. (I know that with human stroke patients, the symptoms sometimes get worse before things level off). I arranged to call again at about 7pm which I've just done. I said that the head tilt is no worse than it was at my last call and that when Mokka has been lifted off the settee, she unsteadily made her way out for a wee and then came in again under her own steam. She's refused her normal food but did jump on the settee when I was in the bathroom and Marcs back was turned (:eek) I offered her one of the little foil trays of dog food that I mix into Strikers lunches and she's eaten all that. If it remains where it should, she can have another at 9pm.

If I'm worried tonight I'm to call the vet again of course but other than that, I'm to call in the morning to update them.

Woe iz mee. I feel wizzy.

mokka170409b.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending :getwell thoughts and lots of light to your baby girl. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Bev, I hope Mokka is doing a little better. Just some food for thought - when Hobbes had Vestibular a few years ago he didn't have the eye movements or even the head tilt. He couldn't get up, had trouble moving on his legs when he was finally able to stand and his stomach was sick. He was definitely woozy and dizzy. It took several days for him to normalize and the diagnosis was hard because his symptoms were more of a stroke than vestibular. At the end of a week he was back to normal.

Hoping for Mokka have a quick recovery.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:goodluck We've got our fingers and toes crossed Bev that Mokka feels better soon.

What a sweetheart.....

You've all have been through such a lot lately it's just not right...

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Aawww! Poor baby girl! Mokka, we sure hope you start to feel better real soon! Will keep her tucked tightly in our prayers. Such a sweet face!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh Bev- I jut saw this and hope that Mokka is on the way to feeling better soon. Many prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I hope Mokka is feeling better today...hairy dogs do often get odd gunk in their ears, but, if your gut is telling you otherwise, of course you should go with that!

My first inkling was a slight seizure, but, since it's continued on like it has, I'd lean more toward a stroke type incident...

:grouphug get better sweetie!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest tricolorhounds
:goodluck Keeping my fingers crossed that there is change for the better in the morning... Poor Mokka, you do look like you are feeling poorly.