Mokka Is Poorly

Good to see that Mokka is feeling better. It's so nice when you can see improvement each day. We'll keep sending good thoughts for your girl.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good news! i found that acupuncture really helped after my heart dog (passed away almost fifteen years ago :( ) had a stroke. i also fed her soft foods until things seemed to be back to normal.

glad Mokka is doing so much better :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

just seeing this now!!!!

glad to hear she's doing better, how scary!!! :( :( :(

I'm not sure whether i should post this or not :unsure.....but our little Schipperke, Captain, had similiar symptoms that literally came on overnight -- the vestibular issues (which we first thought it was, the tilt, nystigmus [eye twitching], walking in circles), trouble eating (would try to eat out of the side of his mouth). BUT -- he ALSO had marked atrophying on this left facial side (eye and forehead). For him, it was a inoperable brain tumor :( .... but the symptoms can mean 1,000,000 different things. I only mention it in case it's something else and she can be treated for it (where Captain couldn't).

sending prayers she continues to improve! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

just seeing this now!!!!

glad to hear she's doing better, how scary!!! :( :( :(

I'm not sure whether i should post this or not :unsure.....but our little Schipperke, Captain, had similiar symptoms that literally came on overnight -- the vestibular issues (which we first thought it was, the tilt, nystigmus [eye twitching], walking in circles), trouble eating (would try to eat out of the side of his mouth). BUT -- he ALSO had marked atrophying on this left facial side (eye and forehead). For him, it was a inoperable brain tumor :( .... but the symptoms can mean 1,000,000 different things. I only mention it in case it's something else and she can be treated for it (where Captain couldn't).

sending prayers she continues to improve! :hope :hope

My vet was worried about a brain tumour when Mokka refused to eat but thankfully, she's eating for me at home, so we think we can rule that out (phew). She's not eating as she did before - she prefers to lap food rather than chew it but I don't mind as long as she's eating a decent amount (which she is). Also, Mokka hasn't had the eye twitching nor the facial changes so I'm pleased about that :D

She's still a bit wobbly on her pins but not all the time. She can walk quite nicely, and does most of the time (unless you watch closely and then you'll see some weakness at the hind end). She's not as steady as she was but she can jump onto the settee and if she remembers to get off slowly she's fine. If she forgets and leaps off, she takes a bit of a tumble :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

just seeing this now!!!!

glad to hear she's doing better, how scary!!!

sending prayers she continues to improve! :hope

My vet was worried about a brain tumour when Mokka refused to eat but thankfully, she's eating for me at home, so we think we can rule that out (phew). She's not eating as she did before - she prefers to lap food rather than chew it but I don't mind as long as she's eating a decent amount (which she is). Also, Mokka hasn't had the eye twitching nor the facial changes so I'm pleased about that :D

She's still a bit wobbly on her pins but not all the time. She can walk quite nicely, and does most of the time (unless you watch closely and then you'll see some weakness at the hind end). She's not as steady as she was but she can jump onto the settee and if she remembers to get off slowly she's fine. If she forgets and leaps off, she takes a bit of a tumble :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Morning - here's the update for day 5, after stroke.

I like toast

mokka220409a.jpg

Pass me some toast

mokka220409b.jpg

Gimme the toast nowwwwwwwww

mokka220409c.jpg

:rolleyes:

She did get a bit of the toast and then for her real breakfast, she has half a tray of Wainwrights (Salmon & Prawn), mashed, with some water added to make it sloppy.

She's done a few more 'normal' things like cleaning her face on the settee throw-over and parking herself by the fridge when she thinks it's tablet time. She still has hind end weakness but she's not really falling or stumbling when she walks. She does get bumped now and again by another dog and if it's a bump at some speed, she can't keep her balance enough to remain upright (but we're managing that to the best of our ability). She's been jumping on the settee very nicely today but still finds it hard to walk on there (ie, turn around on the settee) because it's too soft and bouncy underfoot.

What a cutie she is - it's a very good thing that she got some of that toast! Steady improvement sounds good. It is amazing that she can jump up on the setee after only 5 days. Good going Mokka, keep on healing!!! :yay :yay

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

It sounds like she is doing really well. Keep up the excellent progress Mokka. More toast awaits!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

glad she's doing so well! :yay :yay :yay :yay

she is just a total cutie pie!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh, my! She sure is, um.........opinionated, isn't she? Such a cutie pie! So glad she's showing improvements each day! Recovery is just around the corner!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Vinnie

That last pix of Mokka is great! Good to see that she is feeling better and that she is keeping her balance and eating. Sending more prayers for continued healing, hugs and scritches.

Marc was taking some of the dogs out a few minutes ago and Mokka started to complain that she wasn't going with them :D

I turned around and saw her back to her usual tricks, in her usual position....

Rubbish shot but I needed to press the button regardless of the setting :lol

mokka220409d.jpg

(She was looking at me like that because I may have squealed "OMG be careful" or something in a very high pitched manner) :eek:lol

Teetering a little

mokka220409f.jpg

Still standing

mokka220409e.jpg

Settling in for the long haul

mokka220409g.jpg

Back with the pack :wub:

group220409a.jpg

group220409b.jpg

:D

The only problem is that when she sees the car come back on the driveway, she'll forget her current condition, leap up and off the top of the settee and land goodness knows how/where :eek so I need to be on guard so that I can rush to her and make sure she lands safely..... :rolleyes:

Edit - Marc is home and Mokka is safely down :lol

Edited by Bevd

It's a week today since Mokka had her stroke and she's been back to the vets for a check-up this morning. She's virtually back to normal as far as her personality/behaviour is concerned and she's getting much better with her balance. Her head tilt has gone :) She's not eating as she was pre-stroke but we're happy with what she is eating so what more can we ask :wub: She's staying on the same dose of Vivitonin for the next two weeks and then all being well, the dose will be reduced to a maintenance dose.

Thanks for all your good wishes for little Mokmok :)

:D

Wonderful news about Mokka - she seems to be healing nicely and getting back to her charming, funny self. :yay :yay :yay

glad to hear your little sweetie is back to normal!!!!! :yay :yay :yay

:) glad to hear it!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--