Mokka Is Poorly

It's rare that Mokka has ever needed to see the vet due to illness (I think she's been twice in her 14.5 years so far) but she's not quite right this morning so she has an appointment at 11.10am.

She's either (in my none veterinary qualified opinion) had a mild stroke or is having some sort of vesibular attack. She has a slight head tilt and has stumbled a few times this morning. She's walking very carefully and at one point, she turned down an offer of a slice of meat. That's simply unheard of.

So, please think 'get better quick' thoughts for Mokka, who is currently resting on the sofa, waiting for two hours to pass so that she can be fixed by the vet.

mokka020209b~0.jpg

*wibble*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Bev, here's some good thoughts for Mokka that the vet will find it is something simple and easy to heal. Hugs for Mokka and for her Mum as well. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh Mokka, you must get better! :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Sending prayers for prettiest girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We're all back from the vets (so that's good).

The problem amy well be with Mokkas ear lugs so she's had them cleaned, some drops put in and a steriod injection. But because the vet isn't fully convinced that it's just ears (due to Mokka's age I suppose) she's also started her on Vivitonin.

Mokka has to go back next Friday but also, because we're going to be out for an extended period of time this coming Sunday, we've arranged for Mokka to go for TLC at the vets from Saturday night (because although she seems OK to be left at home alone, I don't want her jumping on and off furniture and possibly missing).

Mokka did her trademark wee in the waiting room and then when the vet wanted to show Marc and I something in the hospital area which is downstairs, Mokka stayed with the reception lady....and wee'd behind the reception desk too :rolleyes::lol

Thank you for all your good thoughts. Keep them coming though please because I'm not sure that we're quite out of the woods just yet.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Here's hoping that it's all the fault of those dirty ears, or, at least, that she recovers quickly and carries on for a good long while yet. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Good girl, Mokka! :lol

Hope funky ears really is all.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Vinnie

Oh goodness, my computer must have known something was going on as when I brought up my screen I had a picture of Ned going across which made me think of you! Sure hope that it is just the ear gunk that has Sweet Mokka off balance and out of sorts. And I am sure that the sleepover will bring her lots of tlc and extra attention, just as she so rightly deserves. Nothing like being treated as a queen for a day to pick up a girls spirits :lol:lol Hope she is right back to normal when you pick her up, enjoy your trip. Hugs and scritches.

My gut feeling is that she's had a small stroke. I think the ear gunk is a red herring and I suspect that my vet feels the same way really. If it was a true vestibular attack, she should have darting eye movements and she doesn't, at all.

At the moment she's asleep but earlier when some of the other dogs barked, she woke up, made as if to get up, didn't and then just lay back down again.