First Post - We Just Lost Bubba Nomad

Guest TBaxes

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom & Pat, I'm so terribly sorry to read about you losing your Bubba. :cry1 I couldn't stop crying after reading your post. Life can be so cruel. I hope with all my heart that you will be able to find some peace and remember the good times with him, and not the way in which he left you so suddenly. :(

Sending lots of hugs your way... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

The horrible disease DID NOT take Bubba's soul. For one thing I can assure you through painful experience that he left a little piece of it right next to yours. Be quiet, be open minded, listen...and you will recognize it. Never forget “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” “What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”-Helen Keller My heart just aches for you. I know. I learned when my soulmate Slim crossed over very suddenly(in hours) at 6 years old from DIC resulting from emergency bloat/GDV surgery, I learned after intense prayer and Bible study that he didn't die, only his body did. I was so completely devastated- had I not found this out I don't know what would have ultimately happened. But I found it to be true. He is with me still and even sends me special "signs" sometimes to reassure me. Whats more he is healthy and happy now as well-in fact I have come to realize he may be even happier than when he was on earth with me. I realize this might be a reach for some to believe but it is my experience, strength, and hope and I just hope it possibly brings you maybe a little comfort. You came to the right place posting here. We understand. We care. My deepest sympathy! :f_red

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Bubba.

Sending prayers and hugs.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so very, very sorry. It is so hard when the loss just comes out of nowhere and hits you. I lost my second girl 2 years ago to a staus seizure. It was devastating. I can tell you that your big beautiful boy has left himself in your hearts and your memories. I can only begin to imagine how lovely he was from your tribute, and from his page on the GH database. He was related to my first girl, Scarlett and she was, in my firm belief, the most amazing dog that ever lived. She truly had magic in her. It surely sounds like Bubba Nomad did as well. Sending prayers and healing thoughts.

What a devastating loss. I'm so sorry. :cry1:cry1:cry1

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss. This is a greyt board, and welcome to GT although I am so sorry you had to find us under these circumstances.

I know what you mean, the sudden ones rip our hearts in two. I lost my first while standing at a M&G with him leaning on me, so sudden, so young, two weeks before his 8th birthday, he was th epicture of health. I lost my wonderful BarbieJade, The Queen, who was almost 14, suddenly, she was find in the morning, greeted me when I came home from work, could not get up after dinner ~ no prior sign of illness.

I have no answers, just want to let you know I feel the depth of your pain. I know words don't always make sense at a time like this, to me, nothing did. I wish there were words to ease your pain, however, there are none.

Please stay around, get to know us, let us know you, and thank Bubba Nomad for directing you here, his first job as your guardian angel. :bighug:bighug

I am so sorry for your loss. Know that your sweet little Bubba is running and playing with our Angels. Godspeed....:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LeanneSchatz
My wife and I were devastated yesterday by the loss of Bubba Nomda. He was 7 years and 10 months. I got up this morring with very little sleep, and decided to look up a forum for greyhounds, in hopes some here could help us make sense of what just happened.

First, a quick background. We adopted Pollyana, a female fawn in 2003. We tracked her heritage to find out that she had a brother still racing in Tucson, Bubba Nomad. We tracked his career, contacted the track and the trainer on many occassions to express our interest in adopting Bubba Nomad when he was finished racing. Approx nine months later, Bubba Nomad was re-united with his Sister.

20050813image0003.th.jpg

Last Thursday, Buuba's stool was in a pile and was a very dark bluish red. Friday morning, the vet suggested he may have Thrombocytopenia. He gave him some injections and told us to watch him closely, he was to have the results of the blood work the next morning, and if we were to see any bleeding, we should take him to a local 24/7 emergency clinic.

Well, at approx 9PM that evening, Bubba began to bleed from his mouth. We rushed him to the EC, and they began all the tests. He was negative for poisons and tick diseases and others, and it was becoming apparent his immune system had faltered and was attacking his blood cells and platelets. By Sunday morning, his platelet count was down to 3,000. They then recommended we take him to UC Davis Veterinary Hospital.

Dr. Cowen was assigned the case, and he was very positive and made us feel at some ease that he may survive. Slowly, his platelet began to climb up. Monday's blood draw had him at 5,000, with signs of immature platelets which indicated strong bone marrow. Tuesday, he was up to 10,000. Yesterday, he was up to 15,000, but it was not enough to prevent the bleeding from reaching hi brain. Once this happened, the Nuerologist indicated there is no chance for survival, and we put him down.

My wife and I can't understand how such a nasty disease can exist. We have owned dogs our whole life, even during our childhood, but this is by far the hardest we have ever been hit. We thought we had four more years fo seeing but do his little hops when he wanted a cookie. We thought we had four more years of his low rooing when he needed someone to sit next to him. We thought.....

Bubba Noma was a big grey, but gentle. He never exhibited a mean bone in his body, and was truly a gentle giant. How can a disease like this take a soul of such a gentle being? This, we cannot understand.

Any kind words, words of sympathy, and exlpanation of this disease will be welcomed.

Thank you for listening to us!!

Tom & Pat

My heart aches for you and your family. How truly awful.

Bubba will always live within your heart! Look for the brightest star tonight and remember him and all the wonderful times you shared.

Hugs and prayers to you.

I am sorry to be welcoming you under such devastating circumstances.

I don't know what to make of what happened.

I am very sorruy though.

Run Free Bubba.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest IrskasMom

I am so sorry for your Loss . I have no Explanation what could have caused his Death . So Sad :grouphug:f_red:grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest GreytMuse

Many hugs and prayers for you both, Tom and Pat. :grouphug I am so sorry your sweet boy had to leave you so young and so suddenly. My heart is just breaking for you.

I am so glad you found us -- this is a wonderful place to come for wisdom and compassion.

Almost everyone on this board has a story to tell - and a common thread is "How could this have happened?" Even if you had the answer, it wouldn't heal your heart. I pray that reading these offerings of sympathy and support will give you some comfort. I cry every day for the hounds on this site that are sick, hurt or have crossed Rainbow Bridge and my heart breaks for those that love them. Thank you for finding Bubba Nomad, reuniting him with his sister and giving him his forever home.................he knew he was home, he knew he was loved and made memories that you will cherish. Godspeed Bubba Nomad.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Gingergrey
:f_red So sorry for your loss. The sudden ones are the toughest. I lost my girl to IMHA last December. It is a horrible disease, she was only five years old. It was devastating. Godspeed sweet Bubba.

I'm so sorry.

If I could think of any words that would help, I would write them.

Just know that many of us have lost much-loved hounds suddenly, we know how you feel, and we are here.

Rest peacefully, sweet Bubba Nomad. :grouphug

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

I am sorry I have no advise but I am so very sorry..... :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

My deepest condolences to you, Tom and Pat. :grouphug It must be especially hard to lose a cherished grey for an unknown/rare cause. :cry1 Know that your sweet boy is running like the wind with all his new Bridge angel pals and will never be forgotten. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.