Rainey Needs Your Prayers Again! :(

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh, Kim........prayers are always available in our house. Hope Rainy is better in the morning.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Sending best wishes....for what it's worth garlic is not as toxic as some folk on here (and elsewhere) would have you believe (it is true about onions though) and the fact that they were somewhat old and dessicated bodes well as much of the active ingredients will have gone....and hopefully the chillies she also ate will help speed them through ;):goodluck

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Kim, what are we going to do with that girl? Stop acting like a baby landshark, Rainey!!!

Hugs, prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Hoping she's doing okay this morning.

Rich

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

Prayers going up!!!! :hope Thanks for letting us know she needed some! I must tell you I think she'll be alright-just got a feeling. That was an awful lot of garlic but it still might be O.K. Our houndies can be surprisingly tough sometimes and speaking from my experience garlic is no where close to onions in toxicity. In fact I've been giving my hounds SpringTime (the Fresh Factor people) garlic (a couple of grams a day) for years during the spring and summer because it works so great for flea/tick prevention and has other beneficial properties. And their brand is so pure it is about 2- 3X stronger than average(1.31% alliin content compared to 0.58% in most garlic.) They sell quite a bit and it has always been safe(or I wouldn't have started using it) and they stand behind it as being absolutely safe even reccommending doubling the dosage in areas of high infestation. Just some positive thoughts. :thumbs-up

Kim, I just saw this now. I hope Rainey is doing ok this morning. Lots of good thoughts coming from me and the boys.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Wondering how the 1 PM vet visit went.

Rich

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

Hi all! Your prayers are working so far!!! sorry I didn't get to update sooner, has been a extremely crazy day (dog and otherwise!)...

She pooped 2 times today (a LOT for her) – and unfortunately, it was LOADED with garlic pieces, both big and small – so she did get a LOT :(

Vet visit went okay, if not loooong. Left at 12:20 and didn’t get home until about a quarter of 3…vet ran late with surgeries. I brought a urine sample from the morning, and they took blood to test – he thought it should go out today still and he’ll have the results by tomorrow, will call if there’s anything off (he’s off tomorrow). He said we should hopefully be in the clear by Sunday if she doesn’t become symptomatic before then, so keeping our fingers tightly crossed :( all the vets were amazed at how much she ate :blink: and although each dog handles it differently, they were still concerned (obviously) by the sheer amount…geez. They told me again what to look for (lethargy –hah, how can I tell? – pale gums and of course the red pee, which we’re checking every time she goes (she’s starting to NOT appreciate me watching her pee by now :lol)…

so it's still touch and go and Bruce will be home with her tomorrow, and Rich (Nettles) is going to stay with her on Thursday (what a greyt guy!!! :)) and I'll be here again on Friday, on Pee Watch (not as good as Bay Watch, lemme tell ya :blink::blush but better than Poo Poking with a Stick :huh I'm getting REALLY good at it :rolleyes:

thanks again for the prayers!!!! I can't thank everyone enough!!!! :) :)

(ps. Jen -- Rainey is looking forward to seeing you soon so you can pet her :D

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway