Chasmo's Lullabell

gryhnd_adoptee

It is with a shattered heart that I post this to say that we had to make the hard decision to walk our sweet Lulu to the bridge this morning. We had hoped to have so much more precious time with her since her osteo diagnosis on Jan 2nd. We had been managing the pain very well until Friday night when she tweaked her leg getting up from the floor. A follow up vet exam on Saturday morning indicated all was still looking well, and we upped her tramadol in hopes it was just a hump to get over. This morning she got up and her affected leg was swollen and she was clearly in pain. Lulu just turned 7 two weeks ago....much too young!

Lulu bounced into our lives a race flunkie at less than two years old. She had already been bounced once by her first home because she was such a wild child. This girlie just defied all greyhound etiquette. She was barky, bouncy, demanding, and very outgoing. She loved life for everything it had to offer and never once looked back. She was beauty beyond belief, and brought smiles to everyone where ever she would go. She would maul us for rides if even we went to the garage to put trash away....there was always a place for her highness to be, always something to do and never enough minutes in a day to do it.

Lulu passed queitly this morning with Tim holding her sweet face, and me wrapped all around her. She got hundreds of face kissies, belly rubs and face scritches to send her on her way where whe will join our sweet Willa and my Dearest Dad, who we lost both less than two years ago.

There is a huge hole in my heart, and the house it just too quiet. Lulu was always underfoot no matter where I was, even if it was the bathroom. She always had her face in my makeup drawer in the mornings, she was pure curiousity. Kare Bear knows something is wrong. She has searched the house and back yard for Lulu. I wish I could tell her she was just away for the day and all is well.

Godspeed honey girl...we miss you so much!!

Chasmos Lullabell

10383-22B

02/02/02 - 02/18/09

LuLu_-_did_you_just_whistle.jpg

LuLu.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I subscribe to a website called spaceweather.com for celestial updates when they are available. I just went over to check my e-mail and received a message at 4:59 today titled:

"Comet Lulin Update"

I always called Lulu my Lulie Girl

I am taking this as my sign that she has arrived safely !!!!

I am so sorry to see your loss. The first photo of Lullabell shows one of the sweetest faces. Your tribute to her was beautiful and she sounds like she was such a special girl. She has left much too soon - if only she could have stayed longer. My heart goes out to you.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

That face in the first picture! I am so very sorry. She sounds like she was well loved and knew she deserved every second of it.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She was gorgeous as well as full of life--that first photo is extraordinary--and she had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Lulu.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Godspeed beautiful baby girl. Run fast and free and forever healthy once more sweetie. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

she was way, way too young. i'm sorry to read of your loss.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Oh, my God, she was stunning! And from your beautiful tribute, truly a force to be reckoned with. Thanks to her loving family, she packed a lot of living into those too short years.

Your heart and home will be so empty, but I agree, Lulu has sent you a sign that she is safe and pain free. Would you expect anything less from such an amazing little girl?

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Lulu.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown