Jack Is In Hospital

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about you all yesterday Judy whilst reading the forum and hoping by not seeing Jacks name mean't no news was good news...

Then this now.

I'm so very upset that he is seriously poorly again my heart bleeds for you all. The poor little guy and how distressing for you that vet didn't have an animals welfare at heart in an emergency. God bless the one that did help him....

Sending positive healing prayers for Jack :hope

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Oh how very scary - keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear that your sweet boy is stabilized and hope that they can get you answers that are not scary. Especially after having to let Renie go so suddenly. Try to get some rest when you can and hopefully dh did not hurt himself when he slipped. Sending hugs for you all and scritches for Jack.

The poor little guy and how distressing for you that vet didn't have an animals welfare at heart in an emergency. God bless the one that did help him....

It was just horrible, and yes, God bless the vet who did come out. He actually had a worse journey than our own vet would have done, as it happened. He lives out in a small village, and a long way to go to a main road. Thank God also that he has a 4x4 and can cope with ice and snow.

We are seriously considering changing to this vet. It has crossed our minds before, because they are the 'track vet' and see a lot of greyhounds, including many retired ones whose owners carry on bringing them there. We chose not to go there because it's about three times as far away as our own vet - who we thought 1) was a good vet and 2) would be closer in an emergency. Well, you can see how that turned out. :(

Try to get some rest when you can and hopefully dh did not hurt himself when he slipped. Sending hugs for you all and scritches for Jack.

Thanks - he is okay. I'm so thankful he didn't tear ligaments is his ankle or break his wrist when he fell, not just for his sake, poor guy, but because I still can't drive.

I've spoken to the both vets this morning. Our own vet (the one who couldn't get out - to be fair, his concern was speed as much as anything) and the place where Jack is. Our vet is going to send Jack's history over. The vet who has him now reports that he is stable and comfortable, but only as long as he has access to oxygen. They're going to let us know soon whether we are to leave him there for the weekend, or if he's okay to transport today. We'll go and see him today, whatever they decide.

Please keep the good thoughts coming. We still might lose him. :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I think that is every owner's nightmare -- to have to get to the vet, and quickly, in dangerous weather.

Sending hugs to you and DH, and prayers for your sweet Jack.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Prayers being sent for Jack and for you and your DH. What a terrible experience this must have been for you.

I sincerely hope they can find out what is wrong and that he will make a full recovery.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh, this is just not right. I am so sorry to hear about the nightmare you experienced in order to get Jack the help he needed! But am so relieved to hear that he is in capable, caring hands. Do glad DH didn't injure himself - don't even want to think about those consequences! As it was said in another thread, you have lived through every owners nightmare - desperate for help in unbelievably horrible conditions. We are sending powerful, healing prayers across the pond for Jack. He just has to be ok! Give him hugs and kisses from all of us!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just seeing this. It's nothing less than a nightmare, and God bless the vet who cared for Jack in his time of need.

Jack is tucked in our prayers and I hope DH is okay after his fall.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh Judy I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep Jack in my prayers. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

First thing I did this morning was check this thread. I'm glad he's stable and hope he continues to improve :hope

Be careful on your way to go see him, I hope the weather improves for you guys too... Ice is HORRIBLE to drive in.

:grouphug Hang in there!!!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I think you described everyone's nightmare scenario. Which is why I love out ER vet. Praying for Jack's recovery. I am just so sorry you and Andy are going through this.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.