Miss Bonnie Twist Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest K9Cookies

Bonnie Twist was such a spunky girl. She put up a greyt fight. Everything happened so fast last night, but it was obvious that Bonnie was suffering. We knew in our hearts that it was time. It was extremely difficult to speak those words though. Our vets and the whole staff today were amazing. I've never seen so many tears. Anyone who met Bonnie immediately fell in love. Family members always said Bonnie was their favorite (if they'd admit it). She had a gentle but silly way about her. She made our hearts melt with her hugs. :heart

It seems strange that all of these changes happened around her milestones and now the 1 year anniversary. I think it was more than just a coincidence. We had 2 amazing years with her. She added a very quirky personality to the house. I can't imagine it without her. :(

I'm still a bit in shock and I don't know what else to say right now. She had been doing greyt, tearing the stuffing out of her frog toy just yesterday. It doesn't seem real.

Many thanks to all of you. I can't say enough about Dr. Couto, and the whole staff at OSU. We could have never done this without his guidance and the chemotherapy medication. They were amazing keeping up with her progress and helping when we needed them.

Today was supposed to be a celebration and party, but instead we will celebrate Bonnie's fight and her spunky, brave spirit.

BonnieSHOctober2008167.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

2007-09-16GreyPlanetDay-DC.jpg

I had put together a slideshow for this week, it's not what I'd do for a tribute, but it does show the good times.

Run free Bonnie, we will miss you and love you forever. :gh_run2 6/1/2002- 2/6/2009

IMG_2141.jpg

Edited by KRKWMU

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Bonnie left you so suddenly. She had a wonderful life with your family & was a very beautiful girl. Godspeed Bonnie Twist! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I have followed her story, admired how spunky she was and now I have no words...

Godspeed Bonnie Twist, run pain free with the wind at the Bridge.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Kristin, I am so very sorry :sad1 :sad1 :sad1 I was praying so hard for your little girl :cry1 :cry1

I cannot tell you how honored we were to be Miss Bonnie's Secret Santa this year, it was such a pleasure to do so for such a brave and inspirational little girl :crying:brokenheart

run fast and free, pretty girl :sad1 :sad1 :sad1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Kristen I'm so sorry for your loss. But she knew how much she was loved. Her job was to make you happy, and she did that. She's at the bridge now, romping & playing...no more pain. Lots of fluffy clouds to nap on, treats everywhere. Seeing old friends, who are now new again.

I noticed in this picture, there's a rainbow.

IMG_2141.jpg

Guest VaGreymom

Kristin and Drew, I am so very sorry. I have followed her story and have been inspired by her determanation. My prayers are with you both as you go through this difficult time.

Run Free Miss Bonnie Twist. :f_red

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Bonnie Twist.

:grouphug

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest jettcricket

Kristin and family....I'm so sorry that your pretty girl had to leave you. It's not goodbye, but till you meet again. :f_pink

"Grieve not...nor speak of me with tears. T'was heaven here with you".

I am so profoundly sorry :cry1 all three of you fought so hard. I am one of those people who met Bonnie and instantly fell in love. She was an incredible lady.

Run free sweet girl :gh_run

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Oh no. I am so sorry.

God Speed Pretty girl. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh Kristin! :ohno:cry1 :cry1 I just read the title of this thread and my heart jumped into my mouth. :( My heart is breaking right now. I have always had a soft spot for Bonnie for such a long time and have followed her progress since she got sick :( :(

I am speechless.

sadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gif

:gh_run2:weep Run free beautiful Bonnie Twist. We will miss you so much.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greytloves

Run free, Bonnie Twist.

Bonnie was an inspiration to many of us here, her memory will remain strong even if her body did not.

Edited by greytloves