Please Keep Misty In Your Thoughts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the Cushings symptoms lately? You still may not get the perfect results yet....if not, you just keep increasing the meds until you do. Patience grasshopper..... :)

She's not drinking as much water but she's famished all the time. Which reminds me, I made the cookies again yesterday :lol

It's not that I'm losing patience, but I'm just concerned about how often she'll need the Lysodren.We're already at 3x a week. Carol, that drug has to be tough on her system

I'm glad that you're using that heated appliance in your kitchen.... :lol I'm sure that Misty appreciates it! Nevada had to take Lysodren three times a week during the first year to get her regulated. It's not unusual. Especially since you are increasing very slowly. The decrease water intake is good. The increased appetite is still a symptom, but for Misty it might be a good thing right now. Better than not eating. I agree totally that the drug is tough on them.....but I think that it gives them a better quality of life vs. being miserable with the cushings symptoms. Soon you will see the old Misty return. :colgate

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Carl and Sheila have paws crossed! All good thoughts coming from me for a good outcome with the blood test and dental. It would be such a relief to have the blood work show that she has stabilized.

After all you and Misty have gone through, you both really do deserve to catch a break.

Candles lit.

:grouphug

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Good thoughts for you and Misty from the left coast! Dentals can be nerve-wracking under the best of circumstances. All fingers and toes crossed here.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Misty is always in my thoughts, so are you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Mile high pile of prayers for the beautiful Miss Misty. She's so smart, she won't even have to study for this test! It's gonna be an A+ all the say! (Keeping everything crossed, just in case.)

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending lots of good thoughts for our friend Misty! :goodluck:kiss2:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Claudia,

Wanted you to know that Misty and you will be in my thoughts today as she goes in for her dental and ACHT test. I know you are very worried about her anesthesia because of the condition of her kidneys . I'm sending her a ton of good thoughts and best wishes that all goes well and the ACHT test comes back with some good results for her. Please keep us updated on how she does.

:candle:goodluck:hope:goodluck:hope:goodluck:candle

Claudia,

Wanted you to know that Misty and you will be in my thoughts today as she goes in for her dental and ACHT test. I know you are very worried about her anesthesia because of the condition of her kidneys . I'm sending her a ton of good thoughts and best wishes that all goes well and the ACHT test comes back with some good results for her. Please keep us updated on how she does.

:candle:goodluck:hope:goodluck:hope:goodluck:candle

Judy, thank you so much for remembering Misty. I hate this!! She started crying to eat at 5:30 this morning, that was tough. I know a lot of people think nothing of not being able to feed, but with Misty, because of the Cushings it's tough because she's starving all the time.

Can't thank you enough for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to get the call that I can go get her.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Fingers crossed here. :goodluck Will you get the test results today or not? The waiting would be torture, I'm sure.

Hang in there. :grouphug You've got all of us behind you and Misty!

Fingers crossed here. :goodluck Will you get the test results today or not? The waiting would be torture, I'm sure.

Hang in there. :grouphug You've got all of us behind you and Misty!

Thank you Kristin, hope you're doing okay. You're in my thoughts!! As for the results, they won't be in until sometime tomorrow. I'm not expecting it to be good but I'm anxious to hear where we go from here

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Misty is always on my mind. Sending prayers that the dental will go good and that the results from the ACTH will at the worst be no change.

I will be checking in for an update.

Hey Claudia. I was thinking about how the Cushings causes Misty to be hungry all the time. When Sheila was going through SARDS she went through all the Cushings symptoms. My vet suggested one of those timed feeders, I got her one and never looked back. Even though it turned out to be something other than Cushings, I found that if she had a bunch of small meals during the day it really helped her a lot. She doesn't need it for the symptoms anymore, but I still use it. I'm wondering if something like that might not be helpful for Misty, too. Sheila gets fed 5 small meals a day, 1 by me in the morning, 3 times throughout the day from the feeder, then I feed her again when I come home from work. It has been a real godsend for her.

I hope all is going well today, I'm thinking of both of you.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014