Please Keep Misty In Your Thoughts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Claudia. I was thinking about how the Cushings causes Misty to be hungry all the time. When Sheila was going through SARDS she went through all the Cushings symptoms. My vet suggested one of those timed feeders, I got her one and never looked back. Even though it turned out to be something other than Cushings, I found that if she had a bunch of small meals during the day it really helped her a lot. She doesn't need it for the symptoms anymore, but I still use it. I'm wondering if something like that might not be helpful for Misty, too. Sheila gets fed 5 small meals a day, 1 by me in the morning, 3 times throughout the day from the feeder, then I feed her again when I come home from work. It has been a real godsend for her.

I hope all is going well today, I'm thinking of both of you.

Ya know that would be a great idea but Carl's buddy here is a bit food aggressive so I couldn't trust that. But the good thing is I'm home mostly all day and I feed her at 5:30, 2:00. 4:00 and at 6. And you know Misty, you've heard her, and if she wants something at an off time, she has no problem letting me know :lol And yes, she gets it :lol

hugs!

Natasha, thank you. I hope all is going well there too! I know you're dealing with the same thing

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Vet called, she's still under but he wanted to let me know she's going to lose teeth. Not sure how many, they'll xray first. Her gums have really receeded.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Sending lots of good thoughts for Misty, Claudia! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Vet just called, she's starting to wake up and is resting comfortably. She had to lose 4 teeth which I feel terrible about but her receeding gums have been a problem.

I can pick her up at 3.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, anesthesia for Misty is really a high risk. I am very grateful right now, especially in the midst of everything else going on here.

I'll have the results of the ACTH tomorrow but right now I'm just glad she came through okay

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Kom home fast Misty! Let yuz Momma feed yu!

Miss Clawdiya - I hope Misty'z test iz all GUD!

Pees,

Dude :D

(and Dude's MOM!)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest greydogluvr

How did I miss this. Though I am always thinking of your beautiful girl, extra special thoughts are coming her way. I know first hand how terrible the fasting is for her. I was just talking about this exact issue this morning with my mom. The panting and begging are just too much to handle.

I am glad she is waking up and soon will be home. Hang in there. Extra :bighug coming her way.

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Vet just called, she's starting to wake up and is resting comfortably. She had to lose 4 teeth which I feel terrible about but her receeding gums have been a problem.

I can pick her up at 3.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, anesthesia for Misty is really a high risk. I am very grateful right now, especially in the midst of everything else going on here.

I'll have the results of the ACTH tomorrow but right now I'm just glad she came through okay

I'm so glad that she came out of the anesthesia okay! Hopefully she will rest comfortably when she gets home and her test results tomorrow will be okay.

Yayyyyyy, she's waking up :D

4 teefs out isn't too bad. Darcy says that 3 teefs out requires scrambled eggs and very finely sliced sausages for at least a week :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I just got her home, she's still pretty out of it. One of the extractions was a very difficult one and having been through it before, I know that her face will swell. I have pain meds for her and will also give her a prednisone tonight which should help with the swelling.

I have the electric blanket on for her and she's sleeping right now. I was going to take a picture so you could see how spaced she is but I thought that wouldn't be fair to her.

Thanks everyone!!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I'm so glad she's home and resting comfortably. I can relate to her mouth problems. I have receding gums and tooth decay. It's expensive to get anything done about mine but I'm sure Misty will be just fine. I have been thinking about her all day.

I am so glad she is home. I have been thinking about her all day. My novicaine is just wearing off from an extraction I had today so I sympathize with Misty.

Dogs are amazing, she will be bugging for food as soon as her anesthesia clears. Give her a hug for me and tell her I am eating instant mashed potatoes....not bad.

Carol

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~