Ember Aka Emblems Luck

Guest EmbersDad

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IndysDad

Tom, I'm so very sorry...

Thank you for sharing Ember with us and for such a touching tribute.

May God hold your aching heart in His hands and give you comfort.

I could always tell from your posts how much Ember was loved. She is running free and whole again. How very

touching it must have been to see how she affected everyone at the vet's office. That is a tribute to your love for

each other. Again, so very sorry you had to make this decision. RIP beautiful Ember.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

f_yellow So sorry to hear about Ember. I've been following her battle and hoped she had it beat. Your tribute to her was beautiful :weep:gh_run Run free to the bridge sweet Ember :gh_run

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

:weep :weep :weep

Tom, I am so terribly sorry. Ember was an amazing fighter, and inspiration to all of us here. I have followed her good days and bad days, the joy of all those big and little improvements post-amputation, the arrival of Althea in her (and your) life - and through all of your posts, your love for her shone through to us like bright rays of sunshine. I know she will never leave your heart.

I can't watch the video now as I have been fighting back the tears here at work since I heard she was gone. I will watch it tonight, at home, and give my hounds a very special hug in Ember's honor, and think of her.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug for you

Run free, beautiful brave Ember :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Ember will never remember the pain she must have felt from this awful cancer, but she will always remember the love she felt from you. Run free, Sweet Ember. :angelwings

Guest SoulsMom

Tom, I am so terribly sorry. Ember was an amazing fighter, and inspiration to all of us here. I have followed her good days and bad days,

And her Mickey D's days :wub:

Guest EmbersDad

Tom, I am so terribly sorry. Ember was an amazing fighter, and inspiration to all of us here. I have followed her good days and bad days,

there is still money on the gift card she got in a seekrit santa gift. i was saving it for the final rounds of chemo :weep :weep :weep

Goodbye Ember. Your daddy loved you so much. You will be missed by many.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest SoulsMom

there is still money on the gift card she got in a seekrit santa gift. i was saving it for the final rounds of chemo :weep :weep :weep

Wasn't today supposed to be chemo day? Perhaps you should get it for yourself for dinner, in her honor :brokenheart

Edited by SoulsMom

Guest wmlcml6

I cannot even put into words how sorry I am. When I saw her name and the dates, it suddenly felt like I was on the down side of a roller coaster hill for a minute, and I'm crying my eyes out here at work. It is like being in the vet's office with Annie on 12/31. Horrible.

My heart goes out to you. HUGS. I don't know what else to say. ~Cathie~

I am so sorry, she made her journey feeling your love for her. Your tribute is wonderful. Please find comfort in knowing you did everything for her includng making the hardest decision any of us have to make, giving her freedom from pain when all had been done that was possible.

Guest EmbersDad

Wasn't today supposed to be chemo day? Perhaps you should get it for yourself for dinner, in her honor :brokenheart

yes, today was supposed to be chemo day

We are so sorry Tom. The world has tilted a bit today for you and for all who have gotten to know and love Ember through your posts and updates. Her story is one of both courage and love, given freely back and forth between you and Ember. Her paw prints abound on this board and on us. Words cannot take away your sorrow but memories can heal the hurt and pain of her loss from your life. They are, these precious hounds, given to us for such a short time and impact our lives a hundred fold. We take them into our hearts knowing that at some point we will have to let them go. The unlimited love that they give us is so much more than the pain of having to say goodbye. And grief is the price we pay for love. Thank you Tom, for allowing us into your life with Ember and sharing the journey with us. She will remain in your heart, snuggled securely in the place that is hers alone. :brokenheart

Leslie and Marian

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I have been in tears (in my office no less) from the moment I read your update in the other thread.

Tom, I am so, so sorry. I have been cheering Ember on from the day I joined GT. She (as well as you) gave an awful lot of OS pup owners courage and hope to fight this ugly monster.

Today, you gave her the best gift you possibly could have.

Ember, run fast and free sweet girl. Rest well, honey. You will be missed by many.

Hugs,

Camille

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Edited by LoveMyJoseyBean