Harmony Is Very Sick - **final Update** Post 1

Guest KennelMom

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather - so sorry to hear about Harmony! Sounds as if she is in the right place to get help, though. Many good thoughts and prayers coming over the Pond for her! :hope

I'm curious ... and this is just a random thought. I know you wouldn't feed your dogs onions! But whenever I hear the words 'haemolytic anaemia', I remember that that is what onions do to dogs. Do the vets ever ask 'Did your dog get hold of onions?' It's one of the standard 'no-nos' (like chocolate) for a dog's diet, but (unlike chocolate) I've yet to hear a diagnosis of onion toxicity being made.

I can only pray that for Harmony, the vets find a nice, simple solution to her problems, and she's feeling better very soon.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Hoping for a good update. :hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

No experience to share. :( Sending lots of prayers and light to your baby girl. :hope:getwell

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am with you, hoping for TBD! Big hugs for humans and hounds, I hope she feels better soon!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Continued prayers for your sweet girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

More good thoughts for Harmony. I hope things improve for her today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest vahoundlover

As I was reading your update, I thought to myself, I can't believe I'm praying for a TBD. Keeping Harmony in my prayers.

Guest BoogieDown

And once again, I find myself saying things I never thought I would say... I really hope Harmony has TBD. Sending hugs to all of you.

This sounds exactly like what happened with my Maxx - off his food, the protein loss, low red count, "angry spleen", etc. We spent nearly 4 weeks with our vet testing for everything. In desperation, I emailed Dr. Couto at Ohio State. They sent the babesia test to NC State, but decided they didn't have time to wait for a definitive result and removed the spleen after 2 transfusions on Monday. Maxx's red count rebounded almost immediately, even with the post-surgical blood loss.

If you don't get an answer soon, try contacting the Greyhound Health and Wellness Program at Ohio State - they provide free consultations for retired racers.

Thinking good thoughts for your pup.

Sending more prayers and hugs this afternoon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle ...for Harmony.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead