Harmony Is Very Sick - **final Update** Post 1

Guest KennelMom

Sounds like the meds are starting to work! So far Harmony has been following the same trip our Aussie went through last week. He had no appetite at this point either, but once his PCV was stable for a couple of days, the appetite returned. Hopefully, she will do the same. It sounds like you, (like we also have) have a great team or drs. caring for her. Prayers for continued improvement.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather, that sounds so good for Harmony! Maybe if they can get her weaned off some of the meds she will feel like eating on her own. Fingers and paws are crossed here for her. Sending extra heavy duty prayers for this sweet little girl.

Guest greygirl25

Hi Heather,

We went through auto immune hemolytic anemia with Adam in April. It was the scariest thing yet we have had to deal with.

Adam had major heart involvement, arrhythmia, all four valves leaking and very weak. He lost 15 lbs., and had other organ involvement including the pancreas.

We tried a few of the other drugs and he continued to get worse. In the hopes of giving him some quality of time, we stopped everything except the prednisone and antibiotics and brought him home.

I am happy to say it has been nine months since diagnosis and he is back to his happy, outgoing self. He's gained all of his weight back and has all of his couch potato energy. He's doing great, so hang in there, it is possible for them to recover.

Here is the link to his blog if you want a quick day by day blow.

A Rollercoaster Called Hope

Terri

PS If I can answer any questions for you, PM me and we'll connect.

Guest VelvetEars

i've been following your journey and i'm glad to hear today has been a good day fingers crossed that she continues to at least hold her own!

glad to hear she's holding her own!!!

sending many, many prayers for your beautiful little girl! :hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest PhillyPups
1/11 PM: The on call doc just called with a positive report...FINALLY! Harmony's PCV value has held steady at 20-21% all day, which means she hasn't shredded through the red blood cells from her second transfusion, like she did with the first. So, while she hasn't improved per se, she hasn't gotten worse. And I'm counting that as GOOD news through tears of joy. They are prepared to give her a third transfusion, but she hasn't needed it. Please God, let Harmony have turned the corner...let her start to improve!

Continued :hope:hope for Harmony and :bighug for you. That is good news. I pray she gets better soon!!

Thank you for the continued updates in post 1 :D

Oh no....the emotional rollercoaster must be unbearable.

:hope for better news soon.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Oh no Heather. I had hoped and prayed for a much different result for Harmony. You are all in my thoughts and prayers today.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Going with you in my thoughts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

You guys are not alone and know that we all are there for you

I am so sorry and wanted this to turn out different.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug