Lucy At The Vet, Couldn't Walk This Morning

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo! Hurry home baby doll. :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So we are home and settled.

morepiccies006.jpg

The vet still is uncertain what happened, but he did say when I brought her in this morning she was in such bad shape that he really didn't think she would make it through the day and thought she was a tough spunky girl.

Her bloodwork again looks great, her UA came back fine, her kidney values look great, her films looked normal. But, he put her on antibiotics and a steriod plus IV fluids, and sent antibiotics home with her. She isn't supposed to exert herself for the next couple of days.

The closest diagnoses he was willing to give was a Transient Ischemic Attack, and that her vision is still not that great, and it was definately something with the central nervous system. I'm not sure if that fits all her symptoms, since she didn't eat dinner last night but otherwise seemed fine.

We talked about the possibility of poison, but with good blood values and no vomiting or big d, it doesn't seem likely.

So whether it is TIA or an infection, she is home and I am so grateful.

Thank you for all your prayers, they obviously worked.

:bighug

Welcome home sweetie...No more putting fear into all of us ok sweetie? :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

How scary! Prayers that it was just a fluke incident and that it won't happen again :grouphug

We had something related happen to Fritz...except he was acting normal other than his hind end didn't seem to be cooperating. Scared the bejeezus out of me. Turns out he'd injured some muscles in his back. His pupillary response was normal though, so it's a bit of a different situation than Lucy's.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Great news! :thumbs-up I was just asking the other day about TIAs and if dogs get them...I guess the question has been answered! I am glad she is doing much better and I hope she keeps on improving. :goodluck

Sounds similar to Dixie's vestibular incident.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

So nice to see your girl is home, on her feet again and wagging her tail. Lucy is beautiful - maybe it was one of those brief neurological events that will never happen again. What a relief for you to have her back with you! :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Excellent news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Prayers for your sweet girlie.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project