Soul's Ultrasound Is At 1:30 Today

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zoolaine

Sending positive thoughts to the you guys. Sunny had an ultrasound a few months ago and I too was very nervous before hand. I got to be there with him during it, holding his front legs and talking to him. Sunny is a very mellow dog so he did great. It was kinda cool to see the ultrasound while they were doing it and the vet was very cool and would point out on the monitor what he saw. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Guest SoulsMom
I don't understand why they won't let you be there to help keep him calm and relaxed. That makes no sense.

Sending prayers for you and Soul today...

I don't know either. I'm going to try and convince them and if I don't get an answer I like, I might walk. The ultrasound is not done by the vet but by techs, apparently a team that does only diagnostic tests.

Although Soul is pretty easy going unless he has to be in a cage, so I'm sure he'd do ok without me.

I don't understand why they won't let you be there to help keep him calm and relaxed. That makes no sense.

I don't know either. I'm going to try and convince them and if I don't get an answer I like, I might walk. The ultrasound is not done by the vet but by techs, apparently a team that does only diagnostic tests.

Although Soul is pretty easy going unless he has to be in a cage, so I'm sure he'd do ok without me.

It was my impression that it was because it's a teaching hospital--though I have no basis for that opinion. That was one of the things I didn't like either.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

More good thoughts and prayers coming Soul's way!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Good luck Amber. I'll be thinking of you and Soul.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I can tell you why the techs prefer me not be in the room. Because I'm always a wreck, and Misty behaves much better without me there. Hate to admit it, but it's true. But I also know they treat her like she's their own

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Could they maybe call in a valium so you can give him that? It'd take the edge off so he'd be calm and still, without totally sedating him. Sure worth a call to ask beforehand

:goodluck Fingers crossed that everything comes out fine. Good and caring thoughts are with you.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

My prayers are with you both...chanting excellent results! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good thoughts. Will be waiting for the update giving him the all clear. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Well, it's only 2:00, so it's too early for an update, but just wanted to let you know we're thinking of Soul, and hoping for excellent results. We love you, Soul man!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest greyt2love

Thinking of you both, Soul and Amber, and hoping there will be very positive update very soon ! :kiss2:grouphug:goodluck

This is for da Soul Man cause he missed his brekkie ! :cookie:cookie

Deb and the Gang

Sending prayers for your boy.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I hope all is well Amber. I've been sending all kinds of positive thoughts!!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren