Bodie (kw Fast Abner) July 6, 2000 - Nov. 8, 2008

Guest Bodie

Guest SoulsMom
Bodie was much loved by everyone he met. He loved people – before he got sick, he was a consummate Meet and Greeter. He loved Meet and Greets, loved meeting people, especially children who were just his size. He loved giving kisses to everyone. He could be at a Meet and Greet for hours and never tire of saying hello. I often wonder how many greyhounds were adopted because of him.

This reminds me so much of Soul that I just burst out into tears here at my desk. :weep

I'm so sorry for your loss. There really are no words. It's not fair that their time with us is so short. Just not fair.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 I am so sorry. :grouphug Bodie fought a hard battle, his strength, determination and bravery is inspirational. I hope the memories you created together will help heal your aching heart. Your dear friend may not be by your side any longer, but he will always be with you in your heart and memories.

Godspeed Sweet Handsome Fella, you will be missed by many :f_red

I am sorry for your loss of Bodie. He was a greyt diplomat for the Greyhound cause, he will be missed and he has definitely earned his wings. Rest well sweety, rest well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm am so sorry for your loss of Bodie. He was so lucky to have you because he was a fighter & you gave him that chance. I remember when you first came to greytalk because of his infected feet. I hope you know that so many of us have followed your journey & wished all the best for you since.

I wish your family peace & comfort. Godspeed Bodie! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:f_red I am so very sorry. Bodie now runs with the angels and will surely watch over. Run free handsome Bodie and watch over those who will always love you. :gh_run Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Rhonda,

What an amazing tribute to an amazing dog.

I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet Bodie. You know he is smiling down upon you and he is thanking you for everything you did for him. He misses you as much as you miss him. Bodie will always be with you in spirit.

I pray your tears of sorrow will soon be replaced with tears of joy as you reflect on the many happy memories you have of Bodie.

Please accept my sincere heartfelt condolences.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run2:gh_run2:f_red:f_red:f_red

Godspeed Bodie, you are greytly missed.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Carla

I'm so sorry for your loss. What an amazing relationship you two had with each other. He surely is looking down at

you with lots of love. Run free, Bodie. I will miss reading about you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so very sorry. As someone else said, Bodie belonged to all of us too. I have followed his cancer story the whole time and was so hoping and praying he could beat this. He is an inspiration to all, and has contributed to the future health of dogs and humans alike. What an inspiration, thank you for sharing your most difficult story. Run free sweet boy, he is truly a star.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bodie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry, your tribute brought tears, may you find peace in your memories.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how close one gets to the bestest friend, the friend that is always there during our darkest days.

Run fast and free Bodie. You will be missed

f_yellow