Maddison - 3 Years At The Bridge

Bevd

It's three years almost to the minute, since I had to make that final call to the vet Maddison.

We got some of your favourite treats today and the dogs ate them in your memory. We've also listened to your song far too many times today.

(Listen here - http://www.last.fm/music/Coldplay/_/Fix+You )

Lyrics

When you try your best but you don't succeed

When you get what you want but not what you need

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

And high up above and down below

When you're too in love to let it go

But if you never try you'll never know

Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

And i

Whoo owoo wo..aa a a a aaa

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

And i

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

42f893e94d57cdb5b6ec9addfb2bce13.jpg

Remembering you as always Maddison - 22nd May 2001 - 13th July 2005

(lost to bone cancer)

Click here to see Maddisons video montage, with sound http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_...tm_medium=image

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

It's hard to believe it's been three years. I remember when he was a puppy and charter member of the HHC. Sweet Maddison. :wub: He was such a special boy.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

what a moving video that is. Maddison was stunning!

My bridge boy, Hans, looked almost identical but didn't have the white stripe from his head down like your Maddison. He had the softest hair.

I love Coldplay!!! When Scooter went to the bridge on March 10th of this year, my vet made me a video of Scooter to Coldplay's Fix You too. It's such a perfect song about how lights will guide you home and I will try to fix you. We would do anything to be able to do that.

thanks for sharing Maddison's video with us all!

Prayers for peace and comfort as you remember Maddison today and always...

Edited by Devotion

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Three years...my goodness, it can't be that long. I'm sure it was just yesterday, seems like just a heartbeat ago...I still think of him so often! I have some of his pictures on my screen saver at work, he makes me smile, especially the one where he is roaching with his Christmas booties on...Maddison, you were such a special houndie...hugs to all of you, :grouphug I hope his pics and memories make you smile.

Have you ever heard Young@Heart's version of Fix You? Very moving...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3IT4TeSxY

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

I still miss your precious boy. :cry1 He was way too young. :weep

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thank you for sharing such a moving video of your baby you can tell how much he was loved. We lost two to bone cancer and you never forget.

Edited by 6greyhounds

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Maddison - so special, so loved and so young. Oh, Bev, his beautiful tribute brought tears to my eyes. His passing was heartbreaking. What the video does show is how much he was cherished and how happy his life was in his brief time with you. Thank you for sharing this touching remembrance of a truly unforgettable greyhound with us.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh how I miss Maddison. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hugs, Bev.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest jettcricket

...Sweet, beautiful Maddison.....awesome video. Thanks for sharing your boy with us. :beatheart

Edited by jettcricket

Maddison has always held a special place in my heart :brokenheart He was taken from you MUCH too soon :cry1:cry1:cry1

sending hugs your way... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I never met or read about Maddison as I only joined GT last year... but I have a huge lump in my throat right now, after reading your post and watching the video. Bev, what a wonderful, wonderful tribute video. Maddison was just beautiful beyond words. And way, way too young when you lost him :weep :weep :weep

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Some wonderful "golden oldies" pix there . . . . loved the montage. I'd forgotten the one with Darcy's paw around his neck!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota