Shivers Honey 6-24-94 ~ 7-1-08

Guest multigrey

Guest multigrey

I walked through the memorial garden tonight with a pawprint in my arms. I stopped to say hello to all of those who are remembered by a plaque or a memorial stone or a paw print or a lovely bush or tree. I stopped in front of Bob's memorial and brushed aside some mulch and put the paw print down next to Buffy's. I looked at nine stones...and picked out the first five who represent the first of my dogs......my gentle, kind boy, Sport.....my tiny little brindle girl, lost to osteo at 7, Penny.....my big blue goofy boy, Boots.......my gentleman, my love, Beans.....my special little Buffy.....and now her best friend, my lady, my fawn and white Honey. They are all gone now, the first "pack" of dogs who made us fall in love with greyhounds and begin this amazing journey. All of them and Bob......together again for eternity.

My Honey with the bunny fur that forever floated through the air wherever she went. The dog who never minded sharing her space with all the dogs who came and went.......always petrified of thunder and guns and fireworks......even with the laryngeal paralysis she fought for the last few years, she would run the fence line barking hoarsely at all "intruders"......showing only me how silly she could be with her "dance of joy" in the yard every day. She left me quickly and quietly, the way she knew would be easiest for me. She left me wondering how I would go on without her here beside me as she had been for so many years.

All of them gone now...my greyhounds and Bob.....such a lonely feeling to know I will never be able to reach out and touch any of them again. It made me wonder why I am still here without them and then I realized it's because of the legacy they have left......the need to help every greyhound who comes my way and make sure it has the same future they did.

Honey....I will miss you so. I cannot imagine not seeing that bunny fur of yours floating through the house each day. Thank you for gracing my life and you know that you could not be in better company than you are now.

Your mom.....marilyn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Marilyn, I'm so sorry.

:bighug:f_pink:bighug

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Marilyn I am so sorry. Wish I could be there to hug you in person.

Honey with her pretty face and soft, soft fur was a beauty. :f_pink

Honey, March 11, 2008

jaxbeach010.jpg

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry she had to leave you Marilyn. She 's with so many who love her. I'm so glad there are so many who love you here.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Run fast and free sweetheart. Oh Marilyn...I can just imagine the big happy reunion at the Bridge. :grouphug My sympathy and prayers are with you. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You have some beautiful memories of your girl....keep those close. I'm sorry.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

So beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. :f_pink

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Marylin I am so sorry for your loss, you have certanily endured so much. You are right though Bob and your beloved pups are all together again for eternity, they will all be watching over you. I have never met you but you are an amazing lady, so dedicated to the hardship pups and greyhounds in general. I send you prayers for peace and healing. So are such a strong lady, the reason you are here is for the pups, it takes a special kind of person to do what you do. I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to get down there to meet you and spend some time helping out and loving in the precious babes you have under your care.

Stay strong and know anytime you need a cyber hug or just to vent, GT is just a keyboard away.

Karen

Praying for all the missing greys!

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest MomoftheFuzzy
Marilyn I am so sorry. Wish I could be there to hug you in person.

Honey with her pretty face and soft, soft fur was a beauty. :f_pink

Honey, March 11, 2008

jaxbeach010.jpg

Honey was so beautiful. Marilyn, please know that we're always here for you as friends and forever grateful for all that you do.

:heart

:f_pink I'm so sorry for your loss of Honey :f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting