My Jack My Heart

I can't quite believe I'm writing this yet somehow I knew deep down. My Jack, the love of my life, has osteo.

His left distal femur has a tumor that you don't need to be a radiologist to see. He was lame last weekend but that resolved very quickly with ice aspirin and rest. But when he woke up this morning just as bad, I just knew.

I thought it would be his hip and when that xray was clear I started to hope. It was not to be. I love this dog more than I can find the words to say. I look at him lying on his bed sleeping now comfortably with his pain meds and I am just not ready for this.

I haven't yet decided on our final course of treatment but am leaning to comfort care. I will take a day or two to decide.

Mysweetheart.jpg

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susan... :ohno I don't know what to say. I'm so terribly sorry. :weep:cry1 :cry1 :sad1

:grouphug :grouphug

We're here for you.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest DeweytheGreyt

Hugs to you in your difficult time. Look deep inside yourself and deep in his eyes and you will find your course of action. I understand that kind of love and my heart aches for you.

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Susan, I've been thinking about you since Jilly's post in the chat thread.

My thoughts are with you and Jack and Jilly! Whatever you decide, it will be the right choice for you and Jack--he'll help you make the decision.

Sending lots of good thoughts.....

-Al

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

What a beautiful picture of Jack--the strong silent boy.

What a terrible disease.

My old dog had a nerve sheath tumor--it was one of several types. He had been covered with fatty lumps--all of which were benign, but we knew we hadn't tested all of them. One day I was poking at the big one, and realized it seemed like a lump on a lump, and as I did so, he tried to bite me. Not a warning nip--and I KNEW. I knew he had cancer the second that happened.

The options all sucked, so because of his age, I elected just to enjoy what time he had left. When it became clear to me he had enough, I let him go. It was hard, but it was right.

Something my vet told me (as we sat on the treatment room floor with him, both crying) was that she's never had a patient regret putting a dog out of pain sooner, rather than later. You will know because Jack will tell you.

I hope you have a good friend who will be there for you--actually be there--your "innerweb" friends will certainly be in spirit.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. Jack is such a beautiful boy and looks so sweet. My prayers are with you both.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry and sad to read this. Within your heart you will find the right choice to make for your sweet, handsome boy. Warmth and hugs for you and him.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

So very sorry. Is there nothing that can be done? :(

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I am so sorry. :grouphug Whatever decision you make...it will be the right one for you and Jack. My prayers are with you both. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

my heart is with you. I can tell how much you love Jack. He looks so much like my heart, Scooter. May the moments be filled with only love. My prayers are with you.

Edited by Devotion

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge