Black Jack.... Is All Better :)

Wow, Black Jack has a ton of prayers and white light and good thoughts going out to him. And you are included in that as well. We can relate---when you don't know what it is, and are fearing the worst, those thoughts just consume you, I mean literally. I think most of us have been through it---the "what if, maybe not, what would I do?, projecting their illness" thoughts that keep creeping in even though you try to maintain some semblance of normalcy. So, while you TRY to hope for the best, you can't help but expect the worst. But it never hurts to be proactive---if you do get bad news, you at least feel like you have a plan. And a plan is the only thing that helps you deal IF you get bad news. I would second these suggestions: It never hurts to get a second opinion, especially if it's Dr. Couto. As someone said, remember Loca's mis-diagnosis. And it wouldn't hurt to become familiar with artemisinin too. It sounds like you've done some research, and it is something else you should look into. If it's NOT osteo, artemisinin isn't going to hurt. If it IS, you have been pro-active in doing something that can help. I honestly believe I helped keep Winnie alive for 3 1/2 years---that's YEARS---after her diagnosis with artemisinin, pycnogenol, glucosamine, fish oil and a low carb diet (along with some luck and her stubbornness). We did the amp, but no chemo.

Here's the simplified version of what artemisinin does. Cancer cells need a high amount of iron to replicate. Artemisinin resembles those iron cells closely enough that the cancer cells allow it to enter. The artemisinin "explodes" within, killing the cancer cell. This may be over-simplified, but that's the basic premise. It's natural, has been used for years in the Far East (or some place!) to treat malaria. So check it out. I asked Dr. Couto about it in September, and he is doing a lot of research on it, and was interested to hear that I'd been using it with Winnie. The only thing---and you can check on this--- it would not be for lymphoma, but for osteo. So...if you are starting things that would be beneficial if it is osteo, it's not gonna hurt if it's not! I do have a link to a website, which is more technically accurate, the link escapes me at the moment, but if you're interested, PM me, and I'll find it. I believe there is a Yahoo group for it too. You'd get it online from a reputable dealer (not all are created equal). I got mine from Nutricology, and it's not expensive.

I don't mean to sound like you've gotten a definative diagnosis, just wanted to put that out there just in case. But the power of GT is enormous, and Xan's chants work!

You and Black Jack will be in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent source for artemisinin is Holley Pharmaceuticals. There's a specific protocol that needs to be followed, as to the timing of the supplement with feeding, which someone here may know, or can be obtained from OSU. :) Sending more prayers to Black Jack. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I've been off GT for a few days - just catching up with this. I'm so sorry you're going through this, BJ - just remember that not ALL limps are osteosarcoma. Let's hope not in this case! Sending tons of good thoughts and prayers! :hope :hope :hope

Let us know how he does with his follow up!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Hey Guys, just checking in.

No news is good news.. but like I said, no use worrying right now, we won't know anything until I get the second set of x-rays in a couple of weeks. Until it's just business as usual (except they are getting lots more kisses and lovies) :wub:

He tried to run on it again this evening when I got home from work <_< I told him one more time and it's back to leash walking around the yard. I think he knew I meant business because he walked real slow after I yelled at him.

Yes Donna is right, Major has turned into a MAJOR MONSTER :yikes He's been chasing the cats like crazy (they chase each other all the time, but he's doing it every time they move) :blink: Plus he went on a barking spree last night while I was trying to sleep <_< might have to get out the peanut butter if he tries it again tonight.

Thank you again for all of the continued prayers and support. Surprisingly I'm doing really well, just trying to stay focused and not get myself all upset if it turns out to be just a bum leg.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

We just had a similar scare with Gracie that turned out to be bursitis. Several little white dots on the xrays were just osteophites.

Hoping it's something simple for you too .............. :goodluck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest VelvetEars

Do consider some warm packs and gentle massage, too. If it's a soft tissue injury, it can help the healing.

BJ, sending prayers from Scotland for Black Jack. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thanks so much everybody. :)

Again, no news is good news. He's doing just fine, hardly limping at all anymore so taking that as a plus. I'm still going to do the 2nd set of x-rays in a couple weeks but he really seems to be doing fine :) Hoping for more good news in a couple weeks.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Yeah, have been adding it to his food. Will continue with that too.

Guest jturchi2

My grey Dye is currently going through a soft tissue healing process (we had 5 surgeries in 2 weeks). We are all keeping our fingers, toes, and paws crossed here that your baby doesn't have anything "too serious". Sending lots of healing thoughts!

:yay GOOD NEWS :yay

at least I hope this is good news :unsure:

He pee peed tonight standing on the bad leg and hiking his good leg :D

First time he's done that since last Sunday :colgate Hopefully that is a good sign :hope

Guest Enna

Hooray!! That sounds like he's starting to feel better, which also means that he's probably not feeling worse. Somehow, the not feeling worse part is almost the better part of the news.

Guest greyhound_bug
:yay GOOD NEWS :yay

at least I hope this is good news :unsure:

He pee peed tonight standing on the bad leg and hiking his good leg :D

First time he's done that since last Sunday :colgate Hopefully that is a good sign :hope

Sounds like a good sign to me. :)

How is he feeling today?