Black Jack.... Is All Better :)

Guest vtgreys

More healing thoughts and hoping for just a soft tissue injury to Black Jack. The waiting and not knowing takes so much out of you. Just remember we're all here for you no matter what! :grouphug

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this.

Quoting you, BJ:

Regardless..... he's STILL here, he's STILL in good health (other than the limping) so just have to love him like I've been doing all along smile.gif Treasure every minute and make the most of things while we still have each other. Life is too precious to sit around being depressed, he's still here and he deserves my love right now, not my tears. So I'm gonna try my best to do just that. There will be time for crying later (hopefully much much later) just have to convince myself soft tissue damage and I intend to do just that for now.

:nod:

BECAUSE it is JUST a soft tissue injury, maybe you could try some arnica, in the pill form, to help with the inflammation and tenderness. I love the stuff myself, but I haven't tried it on my pets yet. It's a homeopathic, so harmless. :)

Chanting! *I may be a senior, but these are my golden years! I'll be fine once I work out the kinks. Maybe a massage, Mom? ;) I may be a senior, but these are my golden years! I'll be fine once I work out the kinks. Maybe a massage, Mom? ;) I may be a senior, but these are my golden years! I'll be fine once I work out the kinks. Maybe a massage, Mom? ;) *

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

BJ, I'm sending tons and tons of good thoughts your way. Do you think you could put Black Jack on a grain-free diet? Its supposed to be good for dogs with or presumed to have "c" ... I'm not sure if that's an option for you or not ... my friend did it and said it was very very helpful for her dog with osteo and this was years ago.

Regardless, I'm praying its a soft tissue injury adn that you'll have years and years with your Black Jack :)

Cindy Missing my Thunder... Copper and Cowboy

siggy.jpg

GPA-Wisconsin

GPA-Wisconsin E-Bay Benefit Auctions

Thanks guys :)

He's doing good today, and I'm doing good today (other than a massive allergy attack) :angry: I took the day off and we all slept all day long. I went back to bed at 10:00 a.m. and didn't wake up until after 4:00 p.m. :blink: I guess crying my eyes out all day yesterday combined with cutting my grass last night didn't agree with my sinuses.

He finally ate today and is eating like a piggie right now :) I gave him 50 mg of Rymadill about 3 hours ago and will give him another 50 before we go to bed tonight. I know he's feeling better though because he bugged me while I was eating (good sign), he also chomped on a stuffy that was out in the yard (I put all the other one's up, forgot about the ones in the yard.. they are put away for now too) and he growled at the cat :lol :lol yep.. he's feeling better.

He's still walking with a limp and tried to pee by hiking his right leg.. didn't work out so he switched legs and hiked up the bad leg and peed just fine. :)

Thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers, keep em' coming. Like I said, I'm just going to treat it like it's a soft tissue injury and we'll know more when I take him back for his follow up x-rays in 3 weeks. One day at a time and we'll go from there. :)

I'll keep you guys updated as much as possible, (even if there is no change) No news is good news in my book :nod

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest adoptagreyhound

No news is good news is a great way to think about it. And then, when you get the news, I pray it will be soft tissue injury and he'll be up and running in a few days. Prayers flying your way!!!

Thinking of you and your fsmily and Black Jack sending lots of prayers and hugs. :bighug:bighug:bighug:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Hoping, praying, wishing, and hoping some more that it's nothing at all!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Sending prayers

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

I talked to BJ this morning.

She said they are both doing about the same. Black Jack was trying to run last night before she told him to stop. Hopefully it is a good sign. She is keeping him off the stairs and getting him to rest.

Funny thing is that passive Maj has been being a Monster she said since Black Jack was getting all the attention. So she is trying to keep things as normal as possible.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021