Goods (bj Kick The Can)

DianeFG

You all paid him such a beautiful tribute with your replies to my thread about losing him. I don't want you to feel you have post again but I do want to talk about him for the newer members.

He was my first pet as an adult on my own.

I got him straight off track and I literally knew NOTHING about living with a greyhound (or any dog for that matter)

Goods came home first and I got Fudgie just a few days later. Goods was off track for probably 3 days before he came home to me, he was on track schedule for sure! Fudgie and Goods had their own room and we built a beautiful open top double kennel for them. Goods would run into his bed, lay down and then run back out to the livingroom - stop - stare and me and run back to his bed. He did this 50 times if he did it once that poor boy was running back and forth. At the time I didn't realize what he was doing, but now I know he was upset that I wasn't shutting his kennel door :lol He must have thought I was such a dummy :P

Both he and Fudgie were terrified of the stairs, and living in a split entry home made things very interesting for a few weeks :rolleyes: Tim was carrying them up and down, up and down, up and down. Then, one day Goods just went for it and scrambled up the stairs!!! He was sooo smart! It took Fudgie probably another week of watching Goods to figure it out :lol

Goods never, ever would pee in the house. He was so good about that! He never, ever chewed or destroyed a thing. Not one single thing. Fudgie on the other hand was a totally different matter, if he didn't pee on it then he'd chew it! :lol

I use to say if Goods were a person he'd be Tom Hanks. Just someone you can't help but like, a good guy who always brought a smile to your face. Fudgie was Jim Carey :lol

When we would play in the yard and Goods did fly-bys he was so precise, he would turn at the last second and never would bump me. I never felt jumpy watching him coming at me from across the yard, I knew he'd turn. Fudgie knocked me to the ground more times that I could remember. If I saw Fudgie coming at me from across the yard I ran for the backdoor!

Goods was so nice on walks, he loved to stroll with me and his leash manners were perfect :wub: During the nice weather, every night we'd go down to the Cape Cod Canal and stroll the canal together. I will never be able to go there again without feeling sad that he won't be with me.

I swear he was really tuned into me, sometimes, before I would reach for his leash or mention the word "walk" he'd just leap up and start running around because he somehow knew I was thinking about taking him for a stroll. I often wondered how he did that.

I took off a month last summer and we spent the whole time in the backyard by the pool, the weather was perfect that month, I don't think it rained one day and I will always remember those weeks because I lost Sassy (IG) to the Bridge that following month, so August last year was a gift that gave me a lot of time with both Sassy and Goods. I took a lot of video of them (on youtube) those few weeks. I looked at the videos today.

All the holidays we had together, the walks, the parties at my house *all my family and friends loved him*

Goods had seen so many new animals join our family, after he came we adopted Fudgie, Sassy, Penny, Merlin, Stevie and the ferrets Kenny, Penny, Sassy, Cosmo and Nicky (all the animals came already named and yes we did end up with 2 Pennys and 2 Sassys :)

He was so good with Merlin and they had become such wonderful pals. Last night Merlin stood in the doorway of my bedroom at 3 a.m. just looking so lost. He just stood there. I finally called him into bed with me *much to the unhappiness of the two Italian Greyhounds who share the bed too* He crawled up and just layed so quiet. I know he's just so sad. And my eyes are burning with tears as I type this because it's just a sad, sad way for the two friends to have ended their time together.

Every day I would leave for work by giving Goods a lipstick kiss between his eyes and a frozen marrrow bone. My dog walker always laughed at his kissy mark. When I told her he was gone she asked me if he left for the Bridge with a kissy mark. He did.

I have multiple dog beds around the house, there was one special bed in our family room that was Goods' bed. It was right under the tv and he was always on it. If another dog dared to get on that bed they would have to deal with me because Goods was too good natured to kick them off. His bed is empty now and none of the other dogs will go in it even when I tell them it's ok. I guess that will always be Goods spot.

Goods was my heart dog and my best friend. I am so sad. My house feels weird and when I wake up it takes me a minute to realize it wasn't a bad dream and he really is gone. He was my good boy and 12 years wasn't long enough.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Guest fastdogs
I will never be able to go there again without feeling sad that he won't be with me.

Every time you go, he will be right there with you. :beatheart

Edited by fastdogs

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Diane,

I feel the love and the pain in what you are writing, and know those feelings so well. :bighug I would love to tell you that the pain passes, but if it does, I will then tell you.

Run with the angels Goods, and carry your Mama's heart gently in your paws ~

The kissy mark :sad1

Obviously, he was very much loved and must have been a very special boy. I hope I'm as lucky when I get my first

grey. It sounds like he had a wonderful and full life with you and I'm sure all of your memories of him will comfort and

sustain you through the sad times.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

A beautiful and touching tribute to your heart dog. A lifetime is not long enough to have them with us. I know your heart is breaking but may the memories of those 12 years help to comfort you. I bet Goods is proudly wearing the kissy spot from you as he plays and runs at the Bridge.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Beautiful.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest BlackandBrindle

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious boy :grouphug

This was a beautiful tribute to an obviously loved family member. My heart hurts for you :grouphug

Goods was so nice on walks, he loved to stroll with me and his leash manners were perfect During the nice weather, every night we'd go down to the Cape Cod Canal and stroll the canal together. I will never be able to go there again without feeling sad that he won't be with me.

Goods and Fudgie will always be with you, no matter where you are :)

Hugs to you,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

:wub::grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

what a beautiful tribute for such a beautiful boy! :wub: :wub:

I loved the video of Merlin giving Goods kissies :) :) :)

:grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Your talking about Goods is too beautiful to not respond. :)

It's just so hard when they leave, and when the one who leaves is your heart.....:grouphug

Sending gentle ear scritches to Merlin. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Diane, I just found out. I'm so sorry. I felt like I've known both Fudge and Goods forever through you. It's like the last of the old school. You had F &G, I had Brindle and Topaz, and I have a couple of other friends that were on the old Greyhound Gang BB or ATG, that have lost their too.

I just don't know what else to say, except I'm sorry.

Mary Pat

Guest GiJenn51

Diane, I have thought of you, Fudge, Goods, and your family often over these past few days. Thankyou so much for sharing them with us. They were some super special boys.

Love ya

:bighug :bighug

Guest KelseysLackey

Daine that is such a sweet, moving tribute to Goods.

What a wonderful boy he was, and your love for him is so apparent in your words.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

:bighug

What a perfect boy. Goods was an angel dog. And he's found his wings.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown