Loca Has Chondrosarcoma

Loca has just been diagnosed with chondrosarcoma, a form of bone cancer. I don't know a thing about it. Does anybody have any information?

thanks

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytmonty

I don't have any information but I wanted to tell you I am sorry to hear this and I am thinking of you.

I am sure you have a lot of info from your vet.

I found this online.

CHONDROSARCOMA: Chondrosarcoma is a cartilage tumor, possibly not as malignant as the osteosarcoma. The chondrosarcoma generally occurs on flat bones such ribs or skull bones and is not usually found in the limbs. Still, should a chondrosarcoma occur in the limb, treatment recommendations would still include amputation of the affected bone and biopsy of the tissue after amputation would allow for any adjustments in chemotherapy.

I don't know anything about it.... just wanted to send you lots of :grouphug :grouphug I'm so sorry. :cry1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

So sorry to hear that diagnosis for Loca. My first greyhound, Jessie, was diagnosed with Chondrosarcoma at age 9-1/2. The cancer was in her right front paw (1st joint) and we chose to give her palliative treatment rather than amputate. She survived with pain meds for 6 months and was a happy girl until the day the bone broke.

Another friend of mine had a grey that was diagnosed right after Jessie and he lived for 3-1/2 year with pain treatment and just went to The Bridge a few months ago. However, his Chondrosarcoma was diagnosed when the doctor was doing some surgery for a leg injury and at that time, he scoped out as much of the cancer as he could, therefore giving him all those extra years.

Good Luck. Sign on to the Circle of Grey and you will get much valuable information and support.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

I am so sorry. I pray that you find a treatment that will give you much more time with Loca.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry. :( Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:bighug

Sorry I have nothing helpful to pass along. I know nothing about the disease, but we are thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

Guest HeatherDemps

No experience with this type of cancer because we are dealing with osteo. In general, all I can really suggest is joining Circle of Grey and what you're already doing- as much research as possible. I'm so sorry you and Loca have to face this.