Loca Has Chondrosarcoma

That is just nor fair, not for our Loca.

I'm hoping it's a grade 1 tumor that will take 25 years before it causes a problem, and that Loca is stealing your booze for many many years to come.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

Robin .... I am so sorry to hear this . Hopefully you have many memorable Years left with your Sweetie

Loca . Gentle Hugs for you and Loca. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

I am so sorry for the diagnosis. Sending big hugs to both Loca and you.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest jettcricket

Robin.....I'm so sorry. It sucks....I just don't know what else to say other than we're all here for you. Hoping you can find some non-invasive treatment to keep her happy and pain free for a long time.

You know I want to see my sleeping buddy in Dewey this year.

I am so sorry to hear this. I am hoping there are some good treatment options.

Sending special love from Dita.

Susan

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

:kiss2 to you and Loca. I'm so sad and then I get to Xan's post and just start cracking up. :lol That picture is just so Loca and she's just too silly to get a clue about the stinking cancer and remember that she's supposed to be sick. So, Loca, no jumping on the dining room table or anyplace else for that matter so that you don't give Robin a heart attack with too much activity. Kelsey says that Mo Kick girls are tough and you have much more Loca-ness left in you yet. :seesaw So settle in with a good case of wine and kick cancer's butt! :kickbutt Edited by kelseysmom

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

dammit Xan, you made me cry :rofl

Oh no, Robin!! I'm so sorry. :(

Chant with me, everyone: Fool the docs, Loca. Be healthy. Fool the docs, Loca. Be healthy!

She's just crazy enough to do it! Right??

Okay, if not that, then sslllloooooooooowwwwwwww growing, plenty of happy time left.

My personal favorite way to picture Loca:

L-is-for-LocaLoquat.jpg

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug I'm sorry to hear. I hope there are some good treatment options to provide you with lots of time together.
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest KelseysLackey

Oh Robin, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

Lots of good thoughts for the two of you, and from now on, I think Loca should only get the good wine!

Robin! It wasn't supposed to make you cry!! :bighug

It was supposed to make you laugh a little! Ah man! Blew it. :P

:bighug

nah, it was a good kind of crying...laughing and crying at the same time :lol after all, how many hounds get their own cafe press store :rofl

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest WarmheartedPups

Robin, I am so darn sorry. I dont know a lot about this kind of cancer....it sounds like there are different grades.....some very slow growing.

If you need ANYTHING....you call girl!

Have you thought about what your next step is/

Guest Winterwish

oh Robin! I'm so sorry Loca is sick. :bighug

Sending all good thoughts for the earliest stage possible and many more happy days fro you and Loca. :heart:hope:grouphug

thanks for your good thoughts, all. i guess my next step is to order a pizza to share with phene and loca, but i'm keeping the wine for myself :cheers

my understanding is that her lungs are clear. my vet wants me to contact dr. couto re: treatment options, which i wil, but my gut feeling is that i'll opt for pain management. after all, she's has 12.5 very spoiled and indulged years :lol

last time tina (TinasTroops) looked after phene and loca (around 3 weeks ago), she and Jen (Jiffer) commented that her mobility seemed to have decreased. i had noticed it also, but seeing her every day i didn't realize how marked the difference was, which was why i had xrays taken rather than her usual chiropractic adjustments. she had seemed very uncomfortable but the metacam seems to be working wonders. has appetite is great and she is starting to roach again :beatheart

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Robin, has the tumor been graded? Where is it located?

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)