Barbiejade ~ The Queen

Guest PhillyPups

Pat, I've never met you or your magnificent Barbie Jade, but to me, the 2 of you stood out amongst the many people and hounds on Greytalk. You for your sage advice, humor and empathy when someone's heart was broken. And the Queen for being a true force to be reckoned with, a voice and personality so strong that you were able to translate her larger than life spirit so eloquently into human words. That comes from a deep understanding of a dog that you felt blessed to share your life with. You were able to share that with all of us, and we felt as if we knew her. While we can share your sorrow and shock, there is a part of her that belongs only to you, and a part of you that is hers forever. There will always be that bond, private and unique, that comes when a person and a dog are made stronger and better because they are together, because they so clearly have found who they were meant to be with.Your heart is broken now, and I know we all wish that there was something magic we could say or do to be of comfort or erase your pain. The suddenness makes it doubly hard. Though it may seem impossible now, I hope that in time that pain will be eased by knowing that she stayed with you as long as she could. Maybe a long illness or gradual decline would have given you some time to try to be emotionally prepared. But I wonder if she would have wanted that. Because it was in October that I lost Winnie, I can't help but think of my brave Queen, and how she left on her own terms, exactly the way she lived her life as much as possible. Winnie beat the monster, but when she couldn't do the things she'd fought so hard to continue doing, when her kidneys failed, she chose to leave us 2 days before we went to Dewey. Too proud to be seen as anything less than Queenly by her many admirers, she told us it was time. Maybe Barbie Jade felt that way too. She was an exceptional dog, and I hope that one day soon, your many precious memories will bring more smiles than tears.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, Pat, I am in shock. BarbieJade was one of the great "characters" on GT, and it has always been obvious how much you adored her. I can't imagine how devastated you must be to lose her so suddenly and unexpectedly. My heart hurts for you.

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I'm so very sorry!!!! :sad1:sad1:sad1

I know she's keeping everyone in line at the bridge -- and you WILL see her again! :bighug :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest budsmom

My very deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your beautiful girl. I wish I could find the words to heal your broken heart. You and your pack will be in my prayers. :f_red

Guest Sportingfields

Our hearts are breaking for your loss Pat. Although we never had the pleasure of meeting the Queen, it has always been evident on how much she was loved and what a presence she had in all your lives. Godspeed Barbie girl.

Tails at half mast at the Cottage

Christel, Larrie & the girls

I stood beside your bed last night

I came to have a peek

I could see that you were crying

You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly

As you brushed away a tear

"It's me, I haven't left you.

I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast

I watched you pour your tea

You were thinking of the many times

Your hand reached down to me

I was with you at the shops today

Your arms were getting sore

I longed to take your parcels

I wish I could do more

I was with you at my grave today

You tend it with such care

I want to reassure you though

That I'm not lying there

I walked with you toward the house

As you fumbled for your key

I gently put my paw on you

I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired

As you rested in the chair

I tried to let you know

That I was standing there

It's possible for me to be

So near you everyday

To say to you with certainty

"I never went away"

You sat there quietly

Then you smiled, I think you knew

In the stillness of that evening

I was very close to you

The day is over....Now

I smile and watch you yawning

And say "Good night, God Bless,

I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right

For you to cross the brief divide

I'll rush across to greet you

And we'll stand side by side

I have so many things to show you

There is so much for you to see

Be patient, live your journey out

And then come to be with me.

Anonymous

Guest jettcricket
Our hearts are breaking for your loss Pat. Although we never had the pleasure of meeting the Queen, it has always been evident on how much she was loved and what a presence she had in all your lives. Godspeed Barbie girl.

Tails at half mast at the Cottage

Christel, Larrie & the girls

I stood beside your bed last night

I came to have a peek

I could see that you were crying

You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly

As you brushed away a tear

"It's me, I haven't left you.

I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast

I watched you pour your tea

You were thinking of the many times

Your hand reached down to me

I was with you at the shops today

Your arms were getting sore

I longed to take your parcels

I wish I could do more

I was with you at my grave today

You tend it with such care

I want to reassure you though

That I'm not lying there

I walked with you toward the house

As you fumbled for your key

I gently put my paw on you

I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired

As you rested in the chair

I tried to let you know

That I was standing there

It's possible for me to be

So near you everyday

To say to you with certainty

"I never went away"

You sat there quietly

Then you smiled, I think you knew

In the stillness of that evening

I was very close to you

The day is over....Now

I smile and watch you yawning

And say "Good night, God Bless,

I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right

For you to cross the brief divide

I'll rush across to greet you

And we'll stand side by side

I have so many things to show you

There is so much for you to see

Be patient, live your journey out

And then come to be with me.

Anonymous

I love this poem.....it gives us hope that we will be reunited some day and see our bridge babies once again.

Pat...I'm so shocked to read this tragic news! I know how much BarbieJade meant to you...I'm so very, very sorry,

my thoughts are with you! :f_white:bighug

Run free, :gh_run sweet BarbieJade...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest DogDayzGreyz

Oh Pat. I'm so sorry I have been absent and missed this. I know Barbie Jade will leave a huge hole in your heart. I wish there were words, but you know as well as anyone how helpless we all are in this situation. You know, because you have grieved every hound on this board that has moved on. It's hard for me to imagine anyone out there being as devastated as you were over Bill, a hound you'd never met. You offered comfort, love and compassion. I don't have the same way with words, but in my clumsy way, I want to let you know that it all comes back. For every pm, email and phone call you have made to one of us saying goodbye too soon, know that we are all sending them back. Some physically, some just by the heart, but I know you like those too.

Barbie Jade will be missed by us all, but there is comfort in knowing that the Queen had her rightful Court, right up to the end. Being treated like a Queen, after all makes for a wonderful life, which she certainly had.

God Speed, Barbie Jade, we'll sure miss you here. :f_pink Be gentle with Billy, please, he's afraid of Queens....