Carrier's Progress

Good boy Carrier :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it up Carrier! So wonderful to hear you're doing so well, your mum must be so proud. Good boy! :kiss2:cookie

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest grey_dreams

Wow! Carrier is doing amazingly well! That is so awesome that he's running already, and it does sound like he is enjoying life very much again. Keep up the great work! :):yay

Carrier Update Dec 5

Carrier was doing really well until Friday night and then things became difficult. On Friday we went for a walk and he was so happy - loving and rubbing his head all over us and he even tried playing. Within a few hours, we could see that he wasn't feeling that great. And when he went out he had big D. He had his second chemo on Tuesday Nov 27 - so it was expected if he was going to feel crappy, that it was going to start that weekend. Since Friday night he has had runny, runny poops and a very picky appetite. We have so much dog food and alternatives in the house right now, we could easily open a pet store. Rice seems to be the only thing that he is really interested... until we brought home Nature's Variety Raw Rabbit Medallions. OMG - he loves these things and his tummy seems to be handling it well. He has eaten whatever we can get down him over the last days and we are finally starting to see an improvement in his stool and him. Today is the first day where he wasn't just stand and laying down crying. He must have felt like real crap these last days. I have been in touch with OSU, so they are aware of his reaction this time to the chemo. We will see if he is stable on Tuesday and make the call if we are going to change the chemo protocol - ie. an new drug or less of this one. He did go for a short walk yesterday and I took him again today. He was pretty excited, so it's good to know his spirits are high when he knows he going somewhere fun. The worst part is by the time he is feeling better from this round of chemo, he will be going back for the next. I am so tired as I haven't slept well for the last 5 days... he has been up and crying during the night, but last night he was better, so we all slept for a longer period of time. Anyway, overall I would say he is good. If last Friday was any indication of how he is progressing, then we are happy, because the real Carrier was starting show himself again.

Guest Tenderhearts

Eva, thank you so much for the update! :grouphug

Never having had a dog go through chemo, I can only imagine how difficult the ups and downs are.

I'm glad you found something he loves to eat! :clap

Please give that handsome fellow a gentle hug for me, and I hope both of you are able to get some decent rest! :grouphug :grouphug

Oh dear - I guess when everything so far has gone so well, there had to be the odd, well, less than so-well moments! But I'm glad he is coming around now, and hopefully the meds can be adjusted appropriated. Poor baby, and poor you guys. Glad he likes those medallions! Hugs to the sweet boy...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

I hope each day Carrier is back to his old self. I hope the next chemo won't be so rough. Good thoughts for you all.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest LolasMom

What an incredible journey you are on with your precious boy. I commend your strength and commitment. Carrier has the best mom ever! :heart

Positive thoughts and prayers for an easier and easier time of it.

Guest grey_dreams

Eva, so glad to hear that Carrier's true self is beginning to shine again. With the chemo treatment, I guess that there are bound to be some side effects, but hope that they are very short-lived. Keep getting better Carrier!

Sorry Carrier had a bit of a glitch from the chemo but hope he's feeling much better soon :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So sorry that Carrier had those side effects, hopefully they can give him something to help out with his next treatment. Sending prayers and gentle ear scritches to Carrier. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Carrier Update Dec 10

Carrier has had his ups and downs since that last treatment. As mentioned earlier, he started having runny poops, followed by diarrhea. This cleared up after about 5-6 days with meds. But then he started to seem really painful and was whimpering when standing and laying down. As he would go to sit down, he would cry... it was so heartbreaking. I got him into the chiropractor as soon as I could - he had instant relief and came home and slept for 3 hours straight without pain. This was last Wednesday. On Thursday, we went for a walk and he decided he wanted to climb a fairly large hill... I let him and couldn't believe how well he did. Then on Saturday, we took all the hounds out for a walk and he ran and walked the entire way... which ended up being a hour. He is so strong and loves his walks. He is even jumping out of the car without the ramp now!

He is still particular with his food - we have so much dog food in the house, it's insane. One day he will eat something and later that day he won't - so we are constantly changing it up for him and making sure he is getting what he wants.

We are in Ohio right now as he has his 3rd chemo tomorrow. We are also going to xray the back right leg to make sure everything is okay there - the bone scan was showing something funny, but OSU didn't think it was osteo. So we are going to check tomorrow to see if it has changed any.

Please say a prayer for Carrier to have a good session tomorrow and hopefully be back to his old appetite again. Other than not eating that great - he is doing really well... and yes, is still super cute.

Sending my many prayers for a good visit. Also sending prayers for a huge appetite. I do know what you are going through. Angel LaceyLaine would eat something one time and one time only and it might take 15 things to get her to that one thing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.