Carrier's Progress

Carrier Update Nov 3 - 9:30 am

my phone is acting up, so it didn't even here it ring when OSU called, but I just got the message from Emily. Carrier had a great night, ate his breakfast and then walked to do his biz and then walked all the way back- ALL BY HIMSELF :yay :yay THe excitment in Emily's voice was hilarious - she's like, "He is doing so awesome!". They removed the drain and the dressing on insision an everything looks great.

I get to see him today at 4:30!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another amazing story of love, faith and courage.

I admire both you and Carrier more than I could ever express.

Continued prayers, love and good thoughts for you and your brave boy.

I could not have said it better!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest hannahmom
Carrier Update Nov 3 - 9:30 am

my phone is acting up, so it didn't even here it ring when OSU called, but I just got the message from Emily. Carrier had a great night, ate his breakfast and then walked to do his biz and then walked all the way back- ALL BY HIMSELF :yay :yay THe excitment in Emily's voice was hilarious - she's like, "He is doing so awesome!". They removed the drain and the dressing on insision an everything looks great.

I get to see him today at 4:30!

Fantastic new all around :yay

Good boy Carrier :D

It sounds like he's doing great :yay

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Carrier Update Nov 3 - PM visit

Carrier met me in the reception area, without the wagon! AND... I got a big tail wag!!!!! He walked all the way from ICU to the front turnout area - for those of you hwho know the layout - that's a far distance. He took a pee and was ready to head to the car. Not so fast mister! We went back to the comfort room and Emily brought him some dinner, - which he jumped up for but didn't eat it all. His tummy looked a little full to me, so I asked to make sure if he was already fed - but he wasn't... although he has been getting these large meatballs of soft food with his pills, so he did have some food in his tummy. After he ate his dinner, he wanted to go out again. He took another pee and a poop. He hasn't fallen over yet and seems to really know what he's doing. He's already figured out how not to pee on his front leg!

We went back to the comfort room and I could tell that he was a little uncomfortable with his tummy being so full, because he was sphinxing and just looking not so happy - plus he was panting from the hard work he just did - so the extra air intake wasn't helping. He burped and then laid down and fell asleep. But I could tell his tummy was really full. He burped again and let a little fart - I hope he will start to pass more gas to get his tummy settled soon.

I asked if he was still in ICU, because I was expecting that he was moved yesterday, but he's still in there because the girls like him in there and he's really comfy so they don't want to move him - how sweet is that.

Anyway, he is walking really well and I am really proud of him. He insicion looks good too. I am going to call for an update tonight around 9 to see if his tummy has settled and I have requested that they not feed him anything else tonight. He was looking really good yesterday but now he's looking a little tubby - which he really doesn't need.

Tomorrow we go home, which will be really interesting. I know he is wanting to go really bad, so I feel guilty leaving him there tonight, but there are so many people around the hotel ready to party since OSU won the football game - I know he won't enjoy all the noise and commotion. One more sleep...

Edited by LadyBailey

Way to go Carrier!!!

Good luck with your trip home and please keep us posted on his progress. My Lexie was a tripod and some of my best memories of her were of her running through the snow on 3 legs!

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Good work Carrier. Depending on what time you are leaving tomorrow, have them go easy on his breakfast.

Hugs and kisses for Carrier.

:yay:yay:yay :yay :yay:yay

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Great News! Have a safe trip and keep us posted once you get home.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'll be thinking of you guys heading home today. I can't believe how well Carrier is doing...I'm sure there will be some ups and downs over the next couple of weeks, but Carrier is such a strong boy, I'm sure he'll be leading roo's again in no time!!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Safe trip home everyone. I'll give you a call probably Tuesday night Eva.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Checking in :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Carrier Update Nov 5

Everything is really good. We had a good drive home, although it was after 9 when we got in and we were all tired. Carrier ate part two of his dinner when we got home and pretty much crashed on his bed. He was a little restless during the night - so we are tired today.

When we got home last night, the pups were so happy to see him. Bailey gave him a good sniff and then grabbed her toy and ran around the house - Andy just sniffed him and wagged his tail - and Ella was a little unsure, but still very interested. Carrier jumped up the two stairs leading to the back door and did the same again this morning - both up and down. He is already laying on the other side - which is good because I think his body is sore from laying one side only.

I spoke to Dr Couto this morning and he said he thinks Carrier had the Eureka moment on Saturday - when he realized that he didn't have that leg anymore. He is walking without any problems and doing his potty biz without any problem.

It's great to be home, but we are tired - so I will write more later - but for now, he is good :)

Guest Kpparker

:banana :banana :banana :banana :yay :yay :yay :yay

I'm so happy to hear!!! You'll have to post pics of your baby now - back in his bed and with his siblings :)

Get some rest too