Carrier's Diagnosis

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be thinking of you both today :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thinking of you and your sweet boy today.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thinking of you and sending our prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I know this will be a tough day for you and that the surgery goes extremely well - we will all be thinking of you and Carrier and sending our best wishes and thoughts to you both. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Carrier Update Oct 31 9:30am

I picked Carrier up yesterday afternoon so he could spend the night with me. He was so sweet when he walked out and was really excited leave. When we got to the hotel he didn't want his dinner and was crying softly on his bed - so I just laid with him and pet him. He eventually fell asleep. I know he wnats to go home. At 8:30 I took him for a pee and offered him some food - which he surprizingly wanted - so I poured some in th bowl but he walked away and sat down - so I tried to give it to him in bed - still didn't want it. So I started hand feeding him - this he liked and ate all of it. He burped twice and feel asleep. Went for a pee at 11:30 and then back to bed. He continued to whimper a little bit, so I stayed with him on the floor and we just chatted.

He awoke at 4 and needed to go for a pee and then was really whiney, so I grabbed my pillow and blanket and slept with him on the floor until morning. - which seemed to settle him. Me.. not so much.

We had to be at OSU for 7:30. I spoke with the vet student, the vet and Dr Couto. I did cry a little bit because it really hit me that today is the day - but I quickly composed myself for Carrier - who himself was doing a great job of whining.. poor boy.

The surgeon that is doing the surgery was brought in special for Carrier today - she wasn't suppose to be in clinic today - So I know that he is in extremely good hands. His physical exam was good and they are doing an anesthestic exam later this morning. He is scheduled for 1pm.

Dr Couto and I spoke about it and he clearly explained everything to me. So I am comforted to know that Carrier is going to be well taken care of. To get things off my mind, we had a meeting about Scooby - so there are a few things that I can do to keep my mind busy this afternoon, until the surgery is over.

I will let you know when he is out.

thanks.

eva

Carrier Update Oct 31 9:30am

I picked Carrier up yesterday afternoon so he could spend the night with me. He was so sweet when he walked out and was really excited leave. When we got to the hotel he didn't want his dinner and was crying softly on his bed - so I just laid with him and pet him. He eventually fell asleep. I know he wnats to go home. At 8:30 I took him for a pee and offered him some food - which he surprizingly wanted - so I poured some in th bowl but he walked away and sat down - so I tried to give it to him in bed - still didn't want it. So I started hand feeding him - this he liked and ate all of it. He burped twice and feel asleep. Went for a pee at 11:30 and then back to bed. He continued to whimper a little bit, so I stayed with him on the floor and we just chatted.

He awoke at 4 and needed to go for a pee and then was really whiney, so I grabbed my pillow and blanket and slept with him on the floor until morning. - which seemed to settle him. Me.. not so much.

We had to be at OSU for 7:30. I spoke with the vet student, the vet and Dr Couto. I did cry a little bit because it really hit me that today is the day - but I quickly composed myself for Carrier - who himself was doing a great job of whining.. poor boy.

The surgeon that is doing the surgery was brought in special for Carrier today - she wasn't suppose to be in clinic today - So I know that he is in extremely good hands. His physical exam was good and they are doing an anesthestic exam later this morning. He is scheduled for 1pm.

Dr Couto and I spoke about it and he clearly explained everything to me. So I am comforted to know that Carrier is going to be well taken care of. To get things off my mind, we had a meeting about Scooby - so there are a few things that I can do to keep my mind busy this afternoon, until the surgery is over.

I will let you know when he is out.

thanks.

eva

Eva,

Do you know where the nearest Panara Bread is to the college? I would hang out there a lot with my computer, also the used bookstore, JC Penny Outlet and Eddie Bauer Factory warehouse store. Tommy's pizza right there near the college is also good to eat at. Of course my main eating place was MacDonalds. Also a sewing store with a little sitting area and coffee. Let me know if you are interested in any of these.

I was thinking of you and Carrier all night. Keeping you in our prayers.

Cora

Mom to Angel Dennis (the menace)

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Sending lots and lots of white light to all of you.

Eva,

Waiting right here with you.

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

Cora

Edited by Escena

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)