Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spoken to the vet nurse just now and Darcy was apparently 'chuffed to get her breakfast'. She's been wagging her tail and she's moved herself around a bit. She's also been trying to sit up a bit (eek).

There's about 2" of humerus left apparently but we'll not see it once her fuzz has grown back. I asked if she had a bandage on (pink preferably) and she said "no - what's to bandage?" I explained that Darcy may like a bandage for effect. (Joke).

So the vet will give me a call later when they've assessed her properly and then we'll arrange to collect her some time this afternoon.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest TaniandMalachy

Darcy, you're amazing! :thumbs-up:wub:

I'm so relieved to hear that she's doing so well. Will keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming for her continued recovery and that Darcy's indomitable Deerhound attitude will carry her through. You go, Girl!

I will keep both you and Darcy in my prayers. Photos of Darcy have always brightened my day and made me smile.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest SoulsMom

I'm just seeing this . . .Wow, what a rollar coaster ride for you. Sounds like Darcy has a lot of spunk. Good thoughts for a speedy recovery (for both of you!)

Been out and got a small animal pen thingy to barrier off an area of the living room. Then got new quilts and quilt covers (in living room colours). And a new stuffed toy dog. (Vital).

The vets rang just as we got home to say that Darcy got up pretty sharpish when she was encouraged to do so but it then really tired her to get up the stairs (the hospital area is in the basement) and she had to have a rest part way up. She also did a wee on the stairs and she was upset about that. So rather than putting her back in her kennel (and therefore having to do the stairs again - and then again when we collect her), she's been moved to one of the consulting rooms, like where she was yesterday when we left her.

We're going in at 3pm to see the vet and go through her x-rays etc etc and then bring her home. Eeek.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Darcy sounds like an amazingly strong girlie. Here's hoping for a quick recovery. :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

The bed is ready

684596e84c3ee3cfb733c51b98e4cb38.jpg

Hurry home sweetheart...Feel the healing prayers and energy being sent your way from across the pond. Lacers says she is sending "exstra speshell prayurs" :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

just seeing this now!!!!!!!

oh no!!!! sending tons of hugs and prayers to you guys!!!! :hope :hope :candle :candle :hope :hope

I'm praying for a quick recovery! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest grey_dreams

So glad to hear the surgery went well! Sending more bright light your way. Hurry home Darcy, your bed's ready and you will get lots of kisses extra scritches special treats and tons of love. :hope:candle:grouphug

What a positive update! Your girlie is a fighter and has a strong will to live. :wub: Lovely space you've created for her, too. She can be a part of the family but protected. Sending lots more light and kisses to your fuzzy one. :candle:kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.